Saturday, February 3, 2024

Krafty Bird

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I may have mentioned that overflowing UFO box?

I used 2 pieces from it on this card.


This bird cut from corrugated cardboard fit fine on the stamped flourish.

I embossed a frame on the card base, added a sentiment and a rhinestone eye
and it was done.

Oh, and I did a little distressing around the edges for a rustic look (and to
camouflage imperfect cutting).

Challenges:
Seize the Birthday #276 - I used the option of Kraft + one color.  I hope white it okay.  Just in case, I chose a yellow eye.



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Smile Today (PB)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Kraft, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Corrugated Cardboard, Elodie Bird Die (MB),Stately EF (ret Craft Concepts)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one who uses cardboard, Bonnie! This corrugated one gives your sweet bird wonderful feathers!
I'm not having any trouble opening your emails, Bonnie... but I don't use Google as my browser.
=]

Sandy said...

Another card that makes me smile -- Love the sentiment!!
Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful, love the bird out of corrugated card. x

JoAnn said...

Love that sentiment and your bird cut from corrugated cardboard is a great idea. He fits perfect on the stamped flourish. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the texture on that cutie little bird! Darling card, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

CAS Perfection, Bonnie...TFS No problems getting onto your Blog...I do use Google...Love and Hugs...Nancy

Vicky Hayes said...

The corrugated card was an inspired choice for this gorgeous bird Bonnie! Think I'm going to have to get a larger UFO box!! Vicky x

TK said...

What a pretty place for your UFO bird to land -- the flourish works perfectly!

HilaryJane said...

What a great idea to use corrugated cardboard. I love the look xx

Susan said...

Oh yes - the overflowing UFO box. I'm going through mine and tossing some of it. Love the card you made with a couple of your UFOs - great idea to sit the bird on the flourish!

Pat said...

This is a bit different cutting the bird from corrugated card and he stands beautifully on the flourish, and love the kraft frame with the white..a great sentiment too Bonnie. x

Cat Craig said...

Cool look for the bird!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the simplicity with the cardboard bird, and the flourish for grounding is brilliant! The rough edges, the framing, the big sentiment-- all work together beautifully. Two more from your UFO box is good progress, too!

Linda said...

Bonnie, such a lovely CAS card. Love how you grounded your bird on the flourish. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hugs...

BożenA said...

This bird cut from corrugated tehtura is amazing. This is a brilliant idea, the bird has such an interesting look thanks to the stripes. The swirls make a great base and the whole rustic card is beautiful.
hugs,
BożenA

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie - love the texture, Bonnie!!

Nancy said...

I chuckled at your comment about a UFO box. Love that you used cardboard in your design. The added texture was fun and unexpected. Such a great Birthday card for anyone. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday. Also, I have too many UFO boxes to count, and one day I might just toss the entire lot.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful texture on your little cardboard bird xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the corrugated card bird Bonnie, and it has made a gorgeous focal point on your beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanne H said...

I too think your card is wonderful and creative.

Nstiz said...

I love how unique and different this one is, especially the corrugated cardboard for the bird. The sentiment is fantastic for this too!

Bobby said...

What a great idea to use the corrugated kraft for you bird, Bonnie. This is a wonderfully CAS masculine birthday card.