Saturday, August 15, 2026

Thanksgiving Feathers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am so ready for fall.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem like fall is
ready to show up.  But, in the studio it can be any season I want.


I had a set of feather dies in my NBUS box and added an older feather die to
make a trio of feathers.  They were cut from some mixed media paper and
smooshed in puddles of watered ink.  I'm not sure what kind of bird they would 
have come from,  Maybe a turkey?  I was in the mood for fall colors and I didn't
even think about a bird until they were done.

I dipped the edges of the colored feathers in VersaMark and added gold embossing
powder and heated. The photo doesn't show the golden edges very well.

They were added on an embossed background and I added some tiny gold punched 
circles into the embossing.

Challenges:
Double D - Feathers
I.D.E.A.S. - Die Week
NBUS #89 - Never Before Used Schtuff

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thankful for Fall (PTI)
Ink:   Warm Cocoa (GKD), VersaMark
Paper:   Fine Linen (PTI), Neenah Natural, Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Distress re-inkers (Carved Pumpkin, Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo), Jumbo Curiosity Feather die (Grtry), Feather die (HA), Feathers on the side EF (Darice), Gold EP, Linen Thread


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

5 comments:

Bobby said...

Your gold tipped feathers are lovely, Bonnie, and I bet there's a bird out there that has shed some like them. Those gold dots are tiny and look great among the embossing.

I Card Everyone said...

I'd guess a turkey, Bonnie! Gosh do I miss their antics over on our 2-acre Woods! I see those gold edges, and they are wonderful with the colors you've dipped into. Gorgeous embossing, too!
=]

JoAnn said...

Your fall colored feathers look pretty Bonnie. The gold edges make them even prettier. Love the embossing with the gold dots.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful golden feathers and a lovely Thanksgiving card, Bonnie! I have that embossing folder, but haven't thought of turning it in it's side like that. It makes a wonderful horizontal border. Thanks for playing with us at Double D!

BożenA said...

These feathers are magical, Bonnie. The color choice is yours, and if you say they're cardinal feathers, then they are. It's your world and your decisions, and reality has nothing to do with it. Fantastic card. I love your embossed background; it creates a lightness that perfectly complements the feathers.
hugs,
BożenA xx