Sunday, August 16, 2026

Soft Petals for Color Hues

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues...


This month my dear sweet friend Marcia picked our colors.  She chose....


Aren't these wonderful colors for late summer?

I used a fairly new Penny Black stamp with Memento Toffee Crunch ink
for a no-line watercolor look and colored with Zigs and my waterbrush. The
background has a pale yellow wash.

Now let's go and see what my talented friends and our
fantastic Guest Designer Priscilla have done to inspire you.


I hope you'll create a card using Yellow & Orange and add it to the gallery at


Challenge ends at 9:00 AM on August 29th.

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge and the overall
 winner will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer.

Most importantly, just have fun!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Soft Petals (PB), Elegant Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Natural, Mixed Media (Strathmore
Other:  Zigs, Elegant Rectangles dies (MFT), Texture EF (PB), Elegant Expressions Original die (Ton), Bright Butterflies die (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I agree that these colors are wonderful for some late summer bloomers! Goodness this is a gorgeous card to represent them! I have some bright yellow and brilliant orange Zinnias still going strong in my garden for our butterflies ... do I have any of them in stamp form? I'll have to check! Thanks for the pretty inspiration!
=]
p.s. I LOve that frame!

Bobby said...

Your soft Zig coloring is wonderful, Bonnie, and the yellow wash inside the frame lets them stand out against the embossing.

TK said...

Oh I love this! Soft yellows and oranges but with such sweetness that only a good flower and a bit of texture can provide. While these would not be colors I'd pick, Marcia knew what she was doing with all the beauty in the gallery, and yours is a wonderful addition