Hi there. I'm so glad you stopped by!
Are you ready to start another week?
They seem to fly by!
Freshly Made Sketches always stretches my creativity and this week was
no exception. But I've go to say that I'm always glad I played along and
have a card design that I would have never come up with on my own.
This week, Jen B's sketch with the angled strip was unexpected.
the Design Team has wonderful inspiration to help. I loved Donna's
pumpkins (as you'll see below), but wanted to be a little more original. So I
started looking through my Christmas dies for something that would be
a good size and found these sweet little ornaments.
Inspired by the colors of Donna's pumpkins, I found some scrap pieces of cardstock
and cut the pieces. Each ornament has coordination strips etc. to add texture
and dimension. I added a bit of ink around the edges and touches of gold
I've done a lot of cards with the strip going horizontally or even vertically. The
diagonal strip is a little different and I like it!
Then...
since I'm so ready for fall, I had to try to do one with pumpkins.
I stuck to yellow and orange since they are Marcia's Color Hues colors.
I wish I could say hello to fall, but we've still got some hot summer to get through.
I'll just have to spend more time crafting in the studio.
Do check out the Freshly Made Sketches challenge
and the Color Hues challenge too.
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: Merry Christmas (IO)
Ink: Tidepool (GKD), Grapefruit (C9), Dk Orchid (GKD)
Paper: Sea Glass (SSS), Nectar (C9), Fresh Freesia (SU), Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil bits
Other: Curio Attic Ornaments (Grtry), Wintry EF (SU), Gold EP
Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:
Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU), Warm Cocoa, Butterscotch (GKD)
Paper: Neenah Natural, PP (?), So Saffron, Warm Cocoa (GKD)
Other: Stitched Pumpkins dies (LF), Seasonal Decor die (SB), Cozy Fall Trio die (CP), Fall Leaves EF (HB)
If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.
To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.
Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!




9 comments:
I love all the gold accents on your Christmas card, Bonnie, including that thin die cut sentiment. It's so lovely. I feel like I haven't had enough summer so I'm not ready for Fall but I do love your pumpkins on that embossed strip with the plaid background.
Delightful cards - pumpkins for Halloween and Thanksgiving, I always love the colors of Autumn.
Sandy xx
Oh, my goodness! What beautiful ornaments you have my friend! I love the gold details and elegant diagonal stripes with the embossed piece. I'm so happy you feel this way about FMS - it is exactly why I've played along all these years!
Your darling pumpkins are such cute shapes, and I love their sweet curly vines! Two fabulous makes, my friend!
=]
=]
Love your colorful ornaments with the touches of gold and your lovely trio of pumpkins with the embossed strip and pretty pattern paper. Two lovely cards using that sketch. Have a great week.
This diagonal stripe creates a truly unexpected effect. The Christmas card is so elegant with all the gold accents. I love the arrangement of your baubles; they're so pretty.
The autumn card brought me back to earth. You're absolutely right, I can already feel autumn in the air, and I can't believe it's already...
xx
I like your fancy ornaments and those pretty little pumpkins! Two great takes on the sketch, Bonnie!
Wonderful takes on the FMS sketch, Bonnie! Those ornaments are gorgeous as are your pumpkins!! The diagonal stripes add to the dynamics of the design, beautifully! We're so happy to have you join us this, and every week!
Your ornaments are. Intage-y but oh so fine! Love that you used them to put one more in your Christmas stash. But wait, fall comes before that, so great way to shift the design for another use.
I absolutely love both cards! Those decorations are beautifully elegant, especially with the gold! Love those pumpkins so much! I'm a sucker for a pumpkin! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Post a Comment