Thursday, April 27, 2023

Leftovers for Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have two Christmas cards today that use leftovers and NBUS.


I used a piece from my stash made with Gelli plates.  I embossed it with a NBUS
embossing folder and swiped a white inkpad over the raised design. 

The piece was quite large so I cut it in half to use on two cards.

I embossed the snowflakes on a background piece too.

This card uses left over snowflakes that were cut previously and not used.
I just layered up two of them and added a pearl in the center.

Then I used the leftover Gelli Plate background for another card.


This time I die cut the cardinal from red cardstock and used a sponge dauber to
add some black around the edges.  I just used the dauber with the ink left from
the last playtime. No need to re-ink.
 
The greenery has some Puff Embossing Powder to make it look snowy.

Challenges:
Jingle Belles - Holiday Leftovers
NBUS #49 - Never Before Used Schtuff (EF)



Card Recipe (c. 1)
Stamps:  Bitty Holiday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Versafine Smokey Gray, Whisper White
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Neenah 65 lb (for gel print), Silver Foil  
Other:  Flurry of Snowflakes 3D EF (Spl), Gelli Plate, Snowflake Dies (?)

Card Recipe (c. 2)
Stamps:  Bitty Holiday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Versafine Smokey Gray, Whisper White
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Neenah 65 lb (for gel print), Real Red
Other:  Flurry of Snowflakes 3D EF (Spl), Gelli Plate, Feathered Cardinal Die (TH), Holiday Greens Die (TH), White Puff EP (HA), Sponge Dauber



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm looking at a frost-covered lawn this morning, Bonnie - seems quite appropriate to see your lovely Christmas cards today! Both extraordinary - LOve that 3D snow and the foil ones, AND your frosted greenery - it doesn't seem to bother your Cardinal one bit!
Really beautiful!
=]

Sandy said...

Your creation looks cold! What a great idea to swipe the embossed folder with white ink. I really thought your background was alcohol ink. Did you ask us to vote? I vote for card #1 with that beautiful silver snow flake.
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

Both are so pretty. Great backgrounds with AI's and a gorgeous silver snowflake. I love the look of the white puff on the branches.

Marcia Hill said...

I thought your backgrounds were alcohol ink too Bonnie, and still not quite sure how you made these, but they're absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! And they do go with the frost and chilly morning we're having in West Michigan!! And these paper snowflakes are the ones I love too...not the real ones! Your Cardinal is also beautiful...lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

You have some incredibly pretty leftover pieces and have put together two wonderful cards Bonnie, and I love the added silver snowflakes layered on the first, and the cardinal with the little black inked shaded areas gives him lovely dimension, and the white puff embossing definitely gives a super snow covered look. The 3D embossed snowflakes are the perfect background and introducing the gelli plate print embossed to match is an inspired idea. x

Loll said...

Your gelli plate background is so pretty ... especially with the added embossing and ink swipe. The colours are perfect depicting a cold, wintery feel. LOVE your cardinal! xx

HilaryJane said...

Both are gorgeous, you must be doing really well with your Christmas cards xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, all leftovers should be this yummy! Dreamy and gorgeous cards, Bonnie! Putting the white puff embossing powder on my wish list. I love the Cardinal, the backgrounds, that silver snowflake. All amazing!

Maria said...

Oh, what lovely Christmas cards! Love the silver snowflake and beautiful cardinal!

Bobby said...

So glad you put that beautiful panel to use, Bonnie. I love it with the snowflakes but a cardinal always wins my heart.

Nstiz said...

Your backgrounds are incredible and caught my eye right away. What cool gelli prints and love that you even embossed one of them. Outstanding shading on the cardinal too!

Liz said...

Two lovely Christmas cards, Bonnie. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two PRETTY cards, Bonnie! I like the frostiness the silver snowflake adds and the pop of red from the cardinal is fantastic!

TK said...

Very pretty background and it's amazing on both cards! How pretty and it shows off the snowflakes beautifully. I also think your cardinal is stunning! Wow

Susan said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards, Bonnie. Love your artsy gelli plate background - it works perfectly with both the snowflake and the cardinal. Great grounding of the cardinal with the branch with the puff embossing powder on it.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful dry embossed snowflakes on your gelli plate blue scrap, Bonnie. Love all the texture for the dry embossed snowflakes background. Your 2nd card using the red cardinal and the snowflakes background. So fun being able to get 2 beautiful Christmas cards out of just one gelli plate scrap:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards from the one 'left over' piece Bonnie - the embossing is perfect for the cards, and I do love that silver snowflake. The cardinal is stunning - we don't have them here.
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Two sensational cards once again and just beautiful for the holidays.
Lynn

lauren bergold said...

WOW! Two gorgeous cards and I think I almost love the idea of NBUS plus leftovers even more than just leftovers! Brilliant in every sense! So pleased you could join our Holiday Leftovers fun at Jingle Belles!

Cat Craig said...

Your leftovers are gorgeous in these two winter cards.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful gelli plate leftovers. The Cardinal is so regal and stunning.

Deborah Frings said...

I think these cards are so lovely. I do like the embossed texture and the cardinal is just fab.

BożenA said...

kardynałem, te ptaki są dla mnie tak egzotyczne i kojarzą mi się z zimą. Niestety nie z zimą w Europie :-(
226 / 5 000
Wyniki tłumaczenia
Tłumaczenie
A lot of beautiful Christmas card, Bonnie. I love the backgrounds you used to make them. My favorite card is the one with the cardinal, these birds are so exotic to me and remind me of winter. Unfortunately not with winter in Europe :-(
hugs,
BożenA

SmilynStef said...

What a gorgeous background ... I love that you turned into two fabulous holiday cards ... so very glad you shared your Holiday Leftovers with us at Jingle Belles.

Trina P. said...

Both fabulous. I especially love the cardinal one… it pops beautifully against the dreamy bg.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two stunning Christmas cards, Bonnie! Love the gorgeous gel print backgrounds! The fancy, silver snowflake and the handsome cardinal are perfect for the snowy background!
Hideko xx