Monday, April 3, 2023

Tinsel Tree

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Another Christmas card for the stash.


The colors are showing more green in this photo.  The actual colors are more aqua.

I used a Tim Holtz die to cut this silver Glimmer Paper and kept all the
die cut inside pieces in with a bit of tape.  The frame was already cut and I added
some pinpoint snowflakes to the window.  The enamel dots were from a friend and don't
have any source on the package.

Challenges:
Jingle Belles - Tinsel Tree Inspired by the photo below - Shiny tinsel and ornaments on the tree



Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mint Macaroon, Silver Glimmer
Other:  Woodlands Die (TH), Pin Point Snowflake Plate (MB), Mini Slimline Double Stitched Die (KS), Subtle EF (ret SU), Perfect Sentiments Holiday Hot Foil Plate & Die (PFS), Silver Foil


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

Sandy said...

I just opened this up and the first thing I thought was "Oh wow!"
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I love those embellishments as ornaments on your lovely tinsel tree, Bonnie. I have that tree die and see now how well it works with the pieces left in.

jimlynn said...

I love, love, love all that shine on the tree! The dots look like little ornaments too. Love this wonderful card for the holidays!
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

One of my favorite tree dies Bonnie and I love it in the tinsel look with the enamel dots for baubles...soooo pretty! LOVE your background too! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

I love the silvery glimmer of this beautiful tree and with the pretty gems as baubles too, and the pierced background goes brilliantly Bonnie. x

Cat Craig said...

That is so pretty with the sparkly tree and the cut out section.

Leslie Miller said...

You just keep on keeping on with the Christmas cards and I'm loving the inspiration. Perfect for the challenge. You can't even see the pieced in parts with the tree cut from glitter paper. I'll have to remember that.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So festive! Great job!

Susan said...

Beautiful sparkly tree! Love the pinpoint panel!

Nstiz said...

After seeing this I'm ready to resurrect those Tim Holtz trees! Love it cut from glimmer paper Bonnie. Gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your sparkly tree, Bonnie! It reminds me of one we had when I was a little girl! My mom would decorate it with pink ornaments... ahhh the 60's!!

Christine Alexander said...

ooooh beautifully sparkly tree and love the enamel dots as baubles ♥

nancy littrell said...

Pretty glittery paper for your die cut tree, Bonnie. Another beautiful Christmas card for your stash. TFS Love and Hugs...I have this die and it is my favorite for Christmas cards:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohh what a gorgeous card Bonnie - loving the sparkly tree and ornaments, and that gorgeous pierced panel tucked in there
Blessings
Maxine

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fabulous card that tree really is something else so sparkly and full of yuletide cheer.I love the addition of the pinpoint snowflakes such a lovely touch.

Marie

Maria said...

So beautiful!! Love the sparkly Christmas tree and the lovely dots!!

JoAnn said...

Love your sparkly tinsel tree with all the colorful baubles, so pretty.

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful, sparkly tree with lovely decorations. I like the pinpoint snowflake cover plate.

lauren bergold said...

Such a beautifully elegant take on our Tinsel Tree Inspo Photo, every single detail is well thought out and perfectly executed! LOVE this! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

TK said...

Great interpretation of the photo, and I spy the aqua! Great idea to add a bit of texture to the window and let our imaginations see that it's snowing outside.

Brenda said...

Ooooh, what a beautiful card Bonnie! I so love the silver tree, reminds me of the ones that were so popular in the 60's! The pierced window panel looks great, like snowflakes falling outside. This is one great way to use up some of those enamel dots we all have in our stash! Love, love, love this one! Very vintage looking! Hugs, Brenda

Trina P. said...

so lovely… and sparkly! Love the sparkle!

SmilynStef said...

I adore that glittery tree ... so very glad you joined our Tinsel Tree Inspiration at Jingle Belles.

BożenA said...

I imagine tten stunning brilliance! I love how you decorated this Christmas tree with enamel drops. The addition of the background pressing window is brilliant, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BozenA