Saturday, April 15, 2023

More Washi Tape Dahlias

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm still working my way through this beautiful Washi Tape.
The rolls are so big!  There was enough for  friends, a class and still some left over.

First up....


Sometimes I get wrinkles when I mount the tape on cardstock so I die cut anyway
and can always salvage a few.  It worked out well so I could put two of this flower
on one card.  I hot foiled a diamond frame to bring out the gold highlights in the tape
and mounted it all on these pierced diamonds.


This card uses a background foiled with the Art Deco Hot Foiled Plate.
The piece was left over from another card that I intended to use the whole piece
for a background. I didn't mean to cut a smaller rectangle but it turned out to be
a happy accident as I got two cards from my foiling.

Here's the other Art Deco background...


The cardinal is a very old Stampin' Up stamp that recently got colored with Copics.

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks - Christmas

 




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Thoughtful Messages (SSS)  
Ink:   Encore Gold 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil, Vellum
Other: Dahlia Washi Tape & Die (PFS), Sparkling Diamonds Plate (PFS), Diamond Floral Frame Hot Foil Plate & Die (Spl), Gold Foil (Spl), Yana's Scripted Sentiments Die (Spl)

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Soft Seafoam, Gold Foil
Other:  Dahlia Washi Tape & Die (PFS), Art Deco Hot Foil Plate (PFS), Gold Foil, Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate & Die (PFS)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Beauty of the Season (ret SU), Botanical Blocks IV (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Encore Gold
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Copics, Art Deco Hot Foil Plate (PFS), Gold Foil (Spl), Gold EF


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

27 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are Stunning cards.
Faith x

Nstiz said...

WOW! These are just beautiful, Bonnie and SO professional looking. I’m going to have to get some of that Washi tape! You ability to design with them is unparalleled. Love all of those backgrounds with the gold foil!

Pat said...

Three gorgeous cards Bonnie and the foiling does give a very polished finish and adds that elegant touch, and the dies and pierced die and hot foil plates are beautiful and all the cards have a wonderful finish to them. The washi tape is brilliant and great with the added dies to make them into embellishments, and the colourful cardinal has been so prettily coloured. x

I Card Everyone said...

Your foiling fits like a glove with these beautiful Dahlias, Bonnie - looks pretty perfect with your sweet Cardinal, too, you clever crafter, you!
=]

Bobby said...

Wow, Bonnie! These are all so beautiful. I love how you framed the cardinal with the Art Deco foiling. Using the rest of the panel for the Dahlia card was brilliant. The diamond coverplate looks wonderful with the foiled diamond framed by the flowers. I am in awe, my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of loveliness, Bonnie! The foiling looks wonderful on all three designs!

Brenda in IN said...

You are making me think I need to get this washi tape, Bonnie. Quite the enabler! Seriously, the cards you've made with this tape are beautiful and so professional looking. I'm in awe.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful use of that Washi tape once again Bonnie. I love the pretty cardinal card too. All are so pretty and the touches of gold are beautiful!
Lynn

Carole said...

More class and wonderful prettiness (is that a word)...truly beautiful with your gold foiling to set off all these cards.I love them all! xx

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! All 3 are absolutely STUNNING Bonnie! I am loving ALL the gold in all 3 cards..so elegant! And if you need to get rid of any more of those washi tape Dahlia's, just send some more my way...I loved making cards with them!! I have a couple rolls that I'd be happy to die cut and send your way too! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

These are beautiful. I love your gold foiling with the washi tape ... definitely makes the gold on the tape stand out. What a happy accident to get two cards from your gold art deco foiling! xx

Cat Craig said...

Lots of great designs here Bonnie. Love the bits of gold you've added to go inline with the washi bits.

HilaryJane said...

Three beauties and I am loving that foiling xx

Trina P. said...

More beauties. Once again love the foiling.

Christine Alexander said...

the washi tape die cuts are beautiful and the foiling tops it off ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie I am in awe of the beauty in this trio of fabulous cards. Amazing work with stunning results
Blessings
Maxine

Sandy said...

Your design work is always so good! You use so many different color mediums, I can't help but wonder what one you like best. Your craft/art studio must be quite grand!!
Sandy xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely stunning Bonnie! The gold foiling always adds a luxe look and I am in love with the floral washi tape! Vicky x

Leslie Miller said...

Yet more beautiful cards with this gorgeous Washi tape! You've got all the right supporting actors in place to go with your dahlias, too. Love the diamond on diamonds of the first and the art deco of the second. It goes beautifully with your Christmas cardinal, too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

All three cards are stunning, Bonnie! I fell in love with this floral washi tape in your previous blog post, but now I'm tempted to get the Art Deco hot foil plate! I love how you used the pattern in the backgrounds. Your coloring of birds is always wonderful, and this cardinal is no exception!
Hideko xx

Colleen said...

Bonnie, I love the foiling and the they do match up with the flowers, okay, so I guess I need that washi tape too! Beautiful...all three!!

Susan said...

Beautiful trio of cards!! My favourite is that gorgeous Christmas card. The cardinal looks fabulous with the gold Art Deco background - I just love this card! The flower cards are really lovely too!

nancy littrell said...

OMG.. Your 2, 1st cards using foiling, die cut flowers and WASHI Tape flowers are so Stunning and elegant, Bonnie. I love your 3rd card with the foiling and beautiful Red Cardinal, which made a Beautiful Christmas Card too. TFS all 3 beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

JoAnn said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous. Love the Art Deco Filed backgrounds, so pretty. The second card is my favorite. TFS

TK said...

Three fantastic cards, Bonnie! The gold is gorgeous in the washi but so are your other details, gold or otherwise!

Leanne said...

As always such a joy seeing your cards, this one is so pretty I like the gold around and the frame around the Cardinal. Way to go! Thanks for playing our Christmas Challenge at Krafty Chicks this week. Happy Crafting and have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

BożenA said...

Your cards are the quintessence of elegance. Your washi tapes are really beautiful, but it's your arrangement that made these cards so unique and beautiful.
Hugs,
BozenA