Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Inspired by Friends

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Last fall I was inspired by my friend Michele's die cut Chrysanthemum Washi die cuts.
She is so generous and sent me some to play with.  You can see the cards I made here.

I had so much fun with those die cuts that I couldn't talk myself out of ordering 
some of  that beautiful Washi tape and the die.  I order the Dahlias and quickly sent 
some die cuts to Michele.  I also sent some to Marcia and Bobby and 
asked them to inspire me with their Dahlia Die Cuts.

I had to play too!


For my first card, I started with a base embossed with the Deco Hot Foil Plate
that's also from Pinkfresh Studio.  

I added a gold diamond frame and just popped the largest image from the
Washi Tape on top.  I pulled out a foiled sentiment that seemed to work well.

Can you see the gold highlights in the Washi images?


This next card has some Hot Foiling done with the Essential Duo Lines Circle Plate
that was in my NBUS box.  After foiling, I die cut the card front and used some
scraps of foam to lift the frame.  I stamped and embossed a sentiment in the center
of the circle, and added another of these beautiful die cuts to the card front.

This Washi Tape and the dies make beautiful cards very quickly.
I'm eyeing some more of their designs and trying hard not to order more before
I use this roll up.  I think you'll be seeing more cards using this Washi very soon.

Now, I hope you'll go visit these wonderful, creative friends if you haven't 
already seen their cards.




I can't wait to see what they did!

Challenges:
NBUS #49 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Washi, Circle Hot Foil Plate)

 
 



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Dahlia Washi Tape & Die (PFS), Art Deco Hot Foil Plate (PFS), Diamond Florals Frame Die (Spl), Special Sentiments Hot Foil Plate & Die (Spl), Gold Foil (Spl)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Encouragement Phrases (Rubbernecker)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Dahlia Washi & Die (PFS), Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Circles Plate (Spl), Subtle EF (ret SU)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I had the best time using your sweet gift! Thank you, so very much for sharing your Dahlias with us!
I love how you've arranged your little cuts using the diamond and circle - you'll find our minds were thinking alike when you stop by!
Beautiful cards, wonderful friends - how can we go wrong? x
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning cards Bonnie, love the gold with them.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

I checked out the other blogs you mentioned and ALL of y'all's cards are so beautiful. Love yours so much Bonnie. The gold accents are beautiful.
lynn

Vicki Dutcher said...

You all made lovly cards! How fun to stamps with friends 😀

JoAnn said...

Beautiful!!!. Love that big floral washi die cut ovr the diamond frame and the hot foiled sentiment. Both cards are beautiful. TFS

Marcia Hill said...

First off, thank you SO much for sharing your washi die cuts with me Bonnie...I loved playing with them! It's always fun to get happy mail and even more so when it includes goodies to play with!! Now on to your cards...they are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! I love your soft embossed background on the first card and how you arranged the largest die cut in the center of that lovely gold diamond shape! CAS perfection!! And your 2nd card is just as beautiful with that sweet double lined and foiled circle...a perfect resting place for another of those lovely Dahlia's! I can't wait to see what you do with the next batch and will be waiting to see how long it takes before you buy more...PFS has SO many different ones to choose from! Thanks again for sharing my friend...you're a gem!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

I am so glad you had the idea to send us all some of those beautiful washi die cuts, Bonnie. It is always a treat to craft with friends who inspire you every day. Your gold diamond card is stunning with the softly embossed background. A double circle of foil was a great place for a sentiment and an accent of another of the dahlias. Don't buy any more until I can send you some Anemones that were orginially Marcia's. I have a roll that I will share.

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely gesture and how fun to all create from the same stuff. Love the first card and the diamond frame mimicking the shapes and lines of the EF. YOur second card is lovely as well.

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful card Bonnie. Yes, I can see the gold highlights. What a great collaboration. It is so nice to see supplies being shared creating so much inspiration xx

Nstiz said...

WOW! This is gorgeous and it's going into a file to save it. I may have to have some of that washi tape. It's not just the tape that is so beautiful but the way you use it. Outstanding card!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beautiful image and you've "framed" it perfectly with that gold frame. Sentiment is perfect too!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! Well, you ALL have made the most beautiful cards and it was super generous and kind of you to share with your friends. I've really enjoyed this little hop! Funny, I was never big on diamond shapes until I've seen this die used a few times recently. Now I'm smitten, especially with those amazing flowers in the center. The circle shape and flower in your second card are absolutely perfect companions, too. Love it all!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun idea and what a wonderful group you invited to play along with you, love those ladies! Your cards are both beautiful, Bonnie! I like what the embossed background adds to the first card!

Christine Alexander said...

fun blog hop with the others :)
wow that washi tape is so cool and love the idea of the dies to cut around the flowers. Two amazing cards ♥

TK said...

Gorgeous cards, and so wonderful that you all shared and challenged each other! What fun, and I'm off to see them all... and yes, the gold in the washi shows well

Lindsey said...

The geometric shapes with the florals is such a beautiful pairing! How fun that you sent the same supplies to friends, so you could all craft together!

Susan said...

Beautiful colours, gorgeous gold accents! Two fabulous cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, and I can see that they would be relatively quick to make too - what a great marketing strategy to bring out dies to match the washi tape!
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

These are so beautiful Bonnie, the gold touches really add to those already lovely die cuts. xx

Birgit said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm popping over here from Marcia's blog. Both of your cards are gorgeous! The flowers really soften the geometric design on your first card and the gold certainly adds a touch of elegance to both designs. You've inspired me to try a roll of washi!

Viv said...

How beautiful these are Bonnie. Gorgeous. x

Brenda in IN said...

I don't have words to describe what I felt when I saw these cards. They are stunning. What beauty from washi tape and being able to just die cut them. Your gold designs are terrific and really showcased the dahlias to perfection. I'm off to visit the other ladies. How cool that you are sharing so you can all create.

Pat said...

Two beautiful elegant cards using this dahlia washi tape, and love the diamond embossed background and the pretty gold foiled diamond which shows off the flowers brilliantly Bonnie, and the circular gold foiled aperture with some more wonderful flowers and a great sentiment and some more super embossing in the background. I have looked at the other ladies' blogs and you have all done some amazing cards using this fabulous washi. x

Trina P. said...

These are so pretty. Love the shine from 5be foil.

Papercraft Boutique said...

How fun to craft together with your friends and inspire each other! Both cards are fantastic, Bonnie! I especially love the fresh design of a debossed art deco background with a diamond frame. The gold foiling and heat-embossing adds elegance to the beautiful washi florals.
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Your cards are so elegant. Bright colors and delicate flowers can convey the best wishes and feelings. Another amazing card, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BozenA