Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Flying High

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

If you live in the USA, I hope you had a lovely Independence Day.


My sweet friend, Marcia, is hosting at Color Hues and asked for
Merlot & Navy.

I've stamped the birdhouse with Memento Gray Flannel ink on mixed media paper.
After it had dried, I used Distress Markers and water to color.

It needed something else so I masked the birdhouse and stamped a couple of
birch trees, leaves and branches in the same gray ink.

Sometimes it's hard to stop!  This was one of those times.

I pulled out some foliage stamps, inked and spritzed to stamp under the birdhouse.

Against my better judgement, I added some splatters hoping I wouldn't ruin
the whole thing.  Phew! The splatters did fine.

But I needed a navy strip is covering a smudge.

Challenges:
Color Hues #67 - Merlot & Navy
Penny Black Saturday - ATG using Penny Black with option of great outdoors.

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fly High, Nature's Silhouettes, Fragile Beauty, Woodland Beauty (all PB)
Ink:   Memento Gray Flannel, Chipped Sapphire, Aged Mahogany, Barn Door (DI & DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Natural, Cover of mixed media pad, Night of Navy
Other:  


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

JoAnn said...

Great image and your coloring is perfect with those colors. I like how you masked the birdhouse and added the trees and leaves. The navy strip looks fine and is a great cover up.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie, I love, LOVE everything about this card and you have totally made my challenge colors SHINE!! The birdhouse image just couldn't be any sweeter, but I really love all the extras you added too...especially the trees!! Never would have guessed about the smudge either as that strip looks so intentional! Lovely, lovely card and thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

This is such a sweet scene, Bonnie. And perfect in the challenge colours. I love that large birdhouse with the foliage and bird flying off. Great card. xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is really striking, Bonnie. I love this color combination and the birdhouse is adorable. That bird must be so happy to live there! I like the addition of foliage in the same colors. A great way to save the card and still add interest with the strip.

Bobby said...

This was the perfect image to use those colors, Bonnie. I love the added trees and foliage.

I Card Everyone said...

Our own little nesting box welcomed three new bluebirds to our yard - and it looks as if mama and papa are getting it ready for a second brood!
I'm betting they'd love your sweet house, Bonnie - I sure do! Great splatters and just the right amount of water-y-inked 'undergrowth.'
=]

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
Love the matching colors !!
groeten Ineke

Nstiz said...

What an incredible job you did painting this! Love the use of the purple, something I'd never think to use. Fabulous background and spatters too- spatters give me fits.

nancy littrell said...

Bonnie, Looks like you had so much fun adding more and more stamping, watercoloring, splattering and even a strip of colored cs. I Love your birdhouse, bird, wildflowers and color hues color choices. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the extra goodies you surrounded this cute birdhouse with! This is a delightful card, Bonnie!

Nancy said...

Well, you certainly came up with a great plan for our colors, Bonnie. I am a sucker for birdhouses and used to collect them. I love your added stamping to make a full outdoor scene. The tree looks wonderful! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Karen said...

We have two little bird houses in our garden that look somewhat similar to these just adorable ones on your wonderful card! The foliage and splatters were a perfect addition. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Christine Alexander said...

perfect scene in Red, white and Blue ♥

Susan said...

Beautiful use of those lovely colours! The addition of the birch trees and branches is perfect!

Brenda said...

I think you stopped at the perfect time Bonnie! This card is gorgeous! I love the whole scene. Hugs, Brenda

jimlynn said...

So pretty and I love your choice of using the distress markers for the coloring on this. Beautiful card!
LYnn

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful birdhouse scene in merlot and navy with neutrals. The trees and colorful foliage are perfect, and you must have held your breath just right when you did the splatters 'cause they look great. The navy border looks like it belongs there. Such a sweet and pretty card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie what a fabulous result - love your birdhouses and how you accented them with the tree trunks and foliage. The blue strip looks as though it is supposed to be there!!...and not just to cover a smudge :)
Blessings
Maxine

Julie B said...

Such a fun take on the Color Hues colours Bonnie, love the hint of trees in the background and I thought the blue strip was part of your design! No lodgers in our birdbox but a wren must have a brood close by as it was getting very agitated when I was tidying the borders yesterday! :)

Trina P. said...

So tweet. Love how you used these colours… this colour duo has me stumped. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pat said...

What wonderful colours Marcia chose for the Colour Hues Challenge and you made a wonderful card with the sweet birdhouse and foliage and I love the birch tree in the background too, and the navy strip was meant to be there as it looks great. x

Cat Craig said...

Oh Bonnie...this is fantastic. Its my favorite card of yours...#1.

TK said...

What an amazing card using the colors, Bonnie! Love the sweet birdhouse and how you perfectly used the colors

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning mix of elements and colours! Brilliant card! Thanks so much for joining us at PBSC:)

BożenA said...

Personally, I prefer a different set of colors, but your card combined red and blue wonderfully. This sweet scene looks great
xx

Helen said...

Beautiful - fabulous stamping!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x