Friday, July 21, 2023

Sunflowers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

The sunflowers are starting to bloom around here and I was inspired to have a play
with this die from my NBUS box.


This first one was colored with Copics.  I used some Press and Seal on the back
so the pieces of the petal didn't wander away.  The little ladybug is two circles cut from
red & black cardstock. Dots are added with a Ultrafine Sharpie.

It doesn't show in the photo but the flower sits on a piece of textured cardstock.
The strip is a snippet of Neenah Solar White colored with one of the Copics.
It's going to our neighbors who brought me a bouquet of sunflowers.

Next up is not as CAS...


This one was cut from mixed media paper.  I colored it with Tombow markers, moving
the colors with a damp waterbrush.  I laid it on another piece of mixed media paper to catch
my messy painting for the background.  

I need a lot more practice with the Tombows or I need to stick to my Distress markers.

There's a new challenge out there by the very active Darlene & Diane.  It's a CAS challenge
so the first card will definitely go there. I was happy to see other CAS challenges right now.
You'll find the links below.

Challenges:
Simply Clean & Simple -ATG CAS (didn't use the option)
The Flower Challenge #82 - Clean & Simple

    



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Snippets of Real Red & Black
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, White Textured (stash)
Other:  Sunflower Stem die (SSS), Copics (Y15, Y18, YR15, YG17, YG95, E23, E25, E27), Circle Punch, Black Ultrafine Sharpie, White Gel Pen

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Tombow Markers (55, 985, 925, 126, 177, 947, 879)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Crumb Cake, Snippets of Real Red & Black
Other:  Timeworn Type EF (SU), Burlap Ribbon (SU), Linen Thread (SU), Black Ultrafine Sharpie, White Gel Pen, Waterbrush


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Bonnie happy Friday! This is such a pretty SSS sunflower die. Your coloring of both cards is beautiful!

Sandy said...

You sure are bright and sunny this morning! Love the background on the second card. My daughter loves sunflowers, so do the birds and come to think of it I love sunflowers too!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

It's about time that die came out to make beautiful sunflowers, Bonnie. I wish I remembered to do that messy watercoloring background trick. It looks wonderful behind the less CAS card.

Marcia Hill said...

Such happy cards Bonnie...sunflowers always make me smile!! Love the 1st CAS version, but really like the 2nd one with the background and added color! Lovely, lovely cards my friend! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

No matter how you mount it, it truly is a darling sunflower and beautifully colored both ways!
How wonderful your neighbor brought you that bouquet! Did it also include a sweet little ladybug? x
=]

jimlynn said...

Nothing prettier than a sunflower. These are so beautiful!
Love your cards Bonnie.
Lynn

Lisa Elton said...

They both have me smiling, Bonnie! Your coloring is spot on and I'm smitten with the ladybugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Bonnie! I love them both -- one for CAS and one for not quite so CAS. I can't help but be partial to the second with your pretty watercoloring. Love how the background turned out. I will put mixed media paper under my project next time I watercolor. The bit of texture from embossing is nice on the background, too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are wonderful and beautiful. x

HilaryJane said...

Two very beautiful sunflower cards. So happy and cheery, you just have to smile xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful use of your sunflower die Bonnie, and two gorgeous cards as a result. Love the yellow sentiment strip on the first one, and the second one with the gorgeous background and string bow is exquisite
Blessings
Maxine

TK said...

Summery and cheerful, your cards are precious!

Susan said...

Beautiful sunflowers - great colouring. Such happy summer cards!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, and so brilliant on the lady bug construction.

Diane said...

Both cards ae beautiful, I love sunflowers and your die is a gorgeous one!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple and thanks for the nice 'plug' for our new challenge, crazy though we are.
Diane Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}
{Triple B}

Brenda said...

Sunflowers are such beautiful flowers, they just make one feel happy or is that just me?! LOL I love them and I love both of your cards Bonnie! How fun that your neighbors brought you a bouquet of sunflowers! Hugs, Brenda

Pat said...

Two beautiful sunflowers Bonnie, and love the CAS look with the sweet added ladybird, and then the second with the script EF background and the watery print of your flower looks so pretty, and the added linen thread and burlap ribbon and more sweet ladybirds are great finishing touches. x

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful sunflower cards. Your coloring is perfect and I love the little additions on your second card.

Viv said...

Two beautiful cards here Bonnie, love them both! Thanks for sharing with us ov er at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Nstiz said...

Who doesn,t love this beautifully colored sunflower! It’s so tastefully done and clean and classic. LOVE this, Bonnie -so fresh and summery!

Vicky Hayes said...

I do love a bright sunflower and especially when you make two and I can contrast and compare! They are both gorgeous and I really love the way you used the twine on the second. Vicky x

BożenA said...

This die looks great. But the biggest job is your coloring. Sunflowers look so natural.
xx