Saturday, July 29, 2023

More Coloring of Dry Embossing

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Another technique for July's Group of Seven Cardmakers
Coloring Embossing Folders.

This time I used Inkpad Swiping by Erum Tasneem.


Spellbinders Seahorse Garden fits perfectly with their Scattered Shells 3D Embossing Folder.


I really love the look of colored embossing and enjoy all the ways of doing it
for my cards.  I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it in the future.

You can see other examples and fantastic inspiration at 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Seahorse Garden (Spl)
Ink:   Encore Gold, Ivory Pigment (GKD), Purple Delight (Versafine Clair)
Paper:   Island Indigo, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Scattered Seashells 3D EF (Spl), Seahorse Garden Die, Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Another great way to use the embossing folders with ink and this is so pretty. The design is wonderful with the seahorse finding his home.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AWESOME embossing and colouring with your beautiful card Bonnie.
Faith x

I Card Everyone said...

All the years of watching my grands makes me think of Dora the Explorer when I hear the word 'swiping!' You do a much more beautiful job than Swiper did, Bonnie! lol
LOve the luster of your ink swiping on your seashells! And such a handsome sea horse, too!
=]

Bobby said...

Those seashells are gorgeous on that dark cardstock, Bonnie. I just got the seahorse but maybe I should have gotten the embossing folder too.

Liz said...

Super card Bonnie, the embossed panel is beautiful. xx

Susan said...

I love the way you got such a variety of colours in your swiping! The finished card is beautiful with that perfect seahorse, the bit of gold twine, and the gold plants behind the panel.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous! Loving the variety of colors on the dark background.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty ink swiped embossed panel with the seahorse atop, Bonnie! Thanks for picking a fun technique and sharing all the videos!!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful ink swiping on your dry embossed background, Bonnie. I love how you used different colors and your added seahorse and embellishments:-) Hope you add to our GO7 Linky too...I think I need to try the swiping again...Love and Hugs..Nancy

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I love the ink swiping on that embossing folder. The bit of gold adds that extra touch. So pretty.
Lynn

BożenA said...

I love your choice of colors. This beautiful deep blue is perfect for the depths of the sea. I also love the colors you used to color the embossing. I also love the gold background that happens underneath the embossed panel. This card is stunning, Bonnie.

Brenda said...

Love this card, love the ink swiping on your embossing! Such a fun card and the ink swiping really brings out all the detail in the embossing. Love that! Hugs, Brenda

JoAnn said...

Your embossed panel looks great and the seahorse fits it perfectly. Love the color of the embossed panel, so pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful colouring to highlight the embossing folder Bonnie, and a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine

Carole said...

This is very effective Bonnie. I have to say with this technique I am a bit heave handed and get the ink where it shouldn't be! x

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute card and another favorite technique with the ink swiping! I love how you've added extra color and must try that, too. The embossing folder is way cool and I love the gold seaweed in the background. A very creative design!

Trina P. said...

Another fabulous coloured dry embossed card!

Lisa Elton said...

You created a marvelous background for your fancy seahorse, Bonnie! I like the gold accents you added!

TK said...

What a terrific card, Bonnie! Love the swiping, especially the colors you've chosen for your pretty shells -- and they compliment Mr Seahorse so well too

Loll said...

Your cards are amazing with the inkpad swipe over the dry embossing, Bonnie. You have nailed this technique!! Gorgeous combination of colours. xx