Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Three Little Birds

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When I was designing for a class, I tried different color combinations
with this fun stamp.  I ended up using the colors from the second card and the
layout from the first.  So the no go's ended up here.


I love blue and yellow together and I'm not sure why this didn't make a go.
I think I didn't have enough of this color cardstock for a group.


I had a lot of this cardstock and I'm trying to get my stash down since I lost a drawer in my
file cabinet.

I've stamped and heat embossed the design to make it easy to watercolor by picking
up ink from the lids of the inkpads with a damp waterbrush.

I'll add sentiments when I'm ready to send these.  My snippet stamps will work 
well on them.

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG using embossing folder (no twist)
Triple B July - Birds, Butterflies & Blooms

 


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Three Little Birds (IO)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Dapper Denim, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Neenah Solar Whtie
Other:  Black EP, Subtle EF (ret SU)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Three Little Birds (IO)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Lost Lagoon, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Lost Lagoon, Calypso Coral (SU), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Black EF, Leafy EF (Spl), Black Ultra Fine Sharpie


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy I caught these darlings before shutting down for the evening, Bonnie! So very sweet on both card bases and in both color combinations!
=]

Sandy said...

I tend to be some what of a plain Jane so your first card is my most favorite.
Delightful cads!!
Sandy xx

Susan said...

Adorable little birds!! I love both colour versions!

TK said...

I love these plump little sweeties -- so cheerful and fun on both layouts and colors!

nancy littrell said...

LOVE your triple adorable watercolored birds and CAS designs for both your sweet cards, Bonnie. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Diane said...

Your little feathered friends are adorably cute, both cards look fabulous to me!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and Triple B!
Diane CYHTP and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are just as sweet as can be Bonnie and I love the image you used (I have it too somewhere!!)! Your water coloring on both is awesome and I bet the ladies in your class loved making these cards...I know I would have!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Both cards look fantastic to me, Bonnie, and I'm sure the class loved making cards with those darling birds.

Brenda in IN said...

I am in love with these darling birds! Both cards are so cute. I like the embossing on the second card with the pretty matting.

jimlynn said...

Great design and precious cards! I love those sweet little birds.
Lynn

HilaryJane said...

It is funny how different things can look when you change the colours. Love both these. Can't choose between them xx

Leslie Miller said...

There are those adorable birds that I love so much and rushed right out (online) and bought them the first time I saw them on your blog. I didn't even finish my comment before I went on the search. I need to give my bird drawers a day. You can do anything in any color and it will look fantastic. Love both cards, Bonnie!

Cat Craig said...

Love how the white panels stand out on the lovely dark card bases.

Brenda said...

This bird image is really adorable and it made two cute cards Bonnie! I do love the blue and yellow color combo, so cheerful to me. I love this one the best just because of the yellow. LOL Your second card is equally adorable too though, love the doodling around the birds and the embossing. Hugs, Brenda

Darlene said...

Oh my friend, these are just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B and Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Don't forget about our new Simply Clean & Simple challenge ... link can be found below. Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Lisa Elton said...

What cute little birds! I like both color combinations, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Bonnie - love the image, and both colourways are beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Julia Aston said...

I think I actually like the first one best - that shade of blue on the background - but they are both lovely Bonnie - and those birds are just the cutest with their different belly designs!

Christine Alexander said...

I also love blue and yellow, I think my favourite is the first card but both are adorable ♥

Pat said...

The birds are so cute Bonnie and I love the strong blue and embossed texture on the base card which shows them off brilliantly, then the second with the 3D leaf embossing on the background card is beautiful, and the darker greeny blue with the orange is perfect...I love the added faux stitching too. x

JoAnn said...

Those 3 birds are so cute and you colored them beautifully. Love your cards.

BożenA said...

Two beautiful cards. I also think that the combination of blue and yellow always reminds me of the sea and the beach. It's the best set of colors :-) These cards are certainly super versatile, depending on the added sentiment.
xx