Friday, July 7, 2023

Seahorse Garden

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


Today I have a CASE of a card I saw here using the Seaside Garden set from Spellbinders.

I had a gel print using this technique that the Group of Seven Cardmakers did a
couple months ago. I thought it would work perfectly for an underwater scene.

This NBUS set has some wonderful ocean elements along with the sweet seahorse and 
there are dies as well as the stamps.  Lots of bang for the buck!

I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the seahorse, shells and grass
with Copic markers then die cut everything out.

I stamped some more grass on my background and arranged the colored elements using
some dimensionals.  Then I stamped the bubbles on the background and placed it all on this
fantastic 3D embossing.  I left the net in the background because I didn't want this seahorse to
get caught in it. :-0

Challenges:
Krafty Chicks #671 - Stamp Act
NBUS #52 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Simon Says Wednesday - Alcohol Ink


  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Seahorse Garden (Spl)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Island Indigo, Soft Suede
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Alcohol Ink (bottom 1/4 Pool, next 1/3 Patina, top Sailboat), 91% Alcohol, Gel Plate, Copics (R20, R22, R24, YG03, YG17, YG67, E0000, E00, E01, E33), Cast Away 3D EF (Spl), Seahorse Garden Dies (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love this scene you created with the seahorse and that lovely background. Great card.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you kept this lovely little seahorse safely away from that net, Bonnie - but what a gorgeous net it is!
Such a wonderful under-the-sea view!
=]

Sandy said...

Wonderful Bonnie! I do love anything to do with the ocean - it is beach weather here or should I say it feels like an oven out there!!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

I have been wanting that net since I first saw it but it's always out of stock. I love your underwater scene with that darling seahorse, Bonnie. The alcohol panel is beautiful as the ocean and your coloring of the images really brings them to life. I have other seahorse and seashell stamps but I may have to have these too since I love the size and shape.

jimlynn said...

This has me dreaming of going to the beach! Outstanding card Bonnie and it's a perfect sea scene.
Lynn

Carole said...

Lovely card Bonnie.You have created a wonderful scene on your alcohol background and your colouring is superb.xx

Marcia Hill said...

What an AWESOME card Bonnie!! I love your background...so perfect for an underwater sea scene!! And that sweet little seahorse just couldn't be any cuter, and colored beautifully too! This card will definitely bring a smile to someone's face when they receive it!! Hugs. :0)

nancy littrell said...

Wow...Fabulous underwater seahorse stamped and die cut scene, Bonnie. Loved all your Copics coloring and especially the perfect alcohol ink on cardstock background:-) Wonderful 3D embossed background too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

that AI background works really well. You have created a brilliant under water scene. I have been away for a few days so apologies for missing a few posts xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful background… perfect for this fabulous underwater scene.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Bonnie - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Awesome underwater scene, Bonnie! Your gel print background is perfect. xx

Cat Craig said...

awww I love the thought of a seahorse garden and your scene brings it to life. Love.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, I love the ocean scene you created and that embossing folder ♥

Darnell said...

I love seahorses as much as hummingbirds and find them just as enchanting! This little guy is a beauty and you have given him a sensational ocean floor setting and background, Bon! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

Adorable! What a great set and you've made a fun card with it, so cute!

Brenda said...

What a fun card Bonnie, I love this ocean scene! Your inky alcohol background is perfect for this underwater scene. Love that net embossing folder too. So beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

Leslie Miller said...

You're so right about your background being perfect for an underwater scene. I dearly love ocean and beach cards yet I seldom make them. I've got all the stuff... well, you know how it goes. Anyway, this is a beautiful card. I like your comment about not wanting the seahorse to get caught in the net.

Lisa Elton said...

Your gel print made the perfect water for your seahorse! Fabulous card, Bonnie!

Pat said...

I just adore this seahorse and set in a beautiful underwater scene Bonnie, and the background embossing goes brilliantly. x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Most wonderful card! Beautiful scene, love the ocean background and the pop of coral on the seahorse. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this past week for our Stamp Act theme :) Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Linda said...

Love your little underwater scene, the seahorse is so cute. Love the embossed detail in the background too! xx

Ida said...

Beautiful card. Love beach themed cards.

BożenA said...

The gel background looks really great as a deep sea. All the elements fit together perfectly creating this beautiful underwater scene.
xx