Monday, November 20, 2023

Botanical Birthday

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

My sweet and talented friend Loll is celebrating with the gals at
Seize the Birthday.  I had to join the fun!


I knew my botanical prints would work well with the option of neutrals.

I've pressed some Nandina leaves between sheets of watercolor paper with my Big Shot.
It leaves behind a soft imprint of the leaves.  

All it needed was a little framing and an embossed piece that was just waiting
for a card.


Challenges:
Seize the Birthday - Birthday card with option of Neutrals Only





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Easy Expressions Original (Ton)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore), Kraft, Black, Neenah Natural
Other:  Nandina Leaves, Pinewood Planks EF (SU), Easy Expressions Original Die (Ton)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely beautiful Bonnie! I've never heard of this type of leaf, nut it sure leaves a fabulous impression! The framing was all it needed to finish off this lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Be still my neutral-loving heart ... Bonnie, another stunner, my friend! I came across a few of those botanical prints I made for that challenge the other day! None were as pretty as this!
=]

JulieP said...

Oh wow Bonnie!! I am in love with your leaf image. I need to give this a try sometime. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

So soft and natural, right back to nature. I don't know that leaf but I'll go look it up and see if it's a tree leaf or a bush. It made a lovely card.

Bobby said...

That should be hanging on a wall, Bonnie. You got such a great impression with the Nandina leaves.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous result. x

Bonnie said...

How many levels of wow can I say on this one. Love the colors from nature, literally from nature and the ef on plain cs matching colors is beyond perfection.

nancy littrell said...

Adding the textured neutral background and then a simple black frame to your neutral color Nandina leaves have made the perfect masculine neutral birthday card, Bonnie. Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs and..Happy Thanksgiving:-) Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, this is pretty! It's interesting that it pressed out as a neutral color, and you sure did match/coordinate with your cardstock. Beautifully done, Bonnie!

HilaryJane said...

It's beautiful and just perfect for that challenge xx

Susan said...

Lovely neutrals! A perfect masculine card!

Pat said...

The pressed leaves using your Big Shot has worked well Bonnie, just such a detailed look, and the background Pinewood Planks EF is a very pretty background on Kraft, and the added black matted with the black sentiment finish it perfectly. x

Loll said...

So soft and beautiful, Bonnie. Thanks for joining in at STB!! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I think it needs an actual frame, Bonnie, it's beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful CAS card in neutral colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning use of the neutrals theme Bonnie, and a perfect print of the leaf, stunningly framed
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Just wonderful Bonnie. Love the colour of your base card and it perfectly matches your botanical print. Great job! x

TK said...

Gorgeous goodness! Wow this is really delicate and beautiful, Bonnie. Love all the neutrals but the details of the leaves are out of this world

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous neutral!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous and definitely something to try.

Nstiz said...

I've done botanical prints but never, ever got such a fabulous color as you did. Love that soft print! What a great card, Bonnie. I have to look at the foliage around here a bit better.

Trina P. said...

So soft and pretty. Awesome way to incorporate the neutral option.

BożenA said...

I love the naturalistic elements in the cards. Your reflection of this twig looks amazing and does all the work in this card. A wonderful project, my dear Bonnie
xx