Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Pine Cone Birthday

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

We had a cold spell of a few days and now we're back to warmer days.
Maybe I can get the yard work done in the next few days.

Meanwhile, this is a card like I made for each of our craft group this month.


I love these pinecones because they have such wonderful texture and I use these
pine branches often.  The pinecone pieces were cut from kraft card and I sponged a 
bit of Distress ink on the edges.  The pine boughs were cut from Neenah Solar White 
and I sponged some ink on them also.

I cut some Nordic Frames, also from The Greetery, and layered
them with kraft cardstock as a base for my pine bough.

I needed a card for my brother-in-law and this fit the bill.  He always appreciates my cards.


Challenges:
Inkspirational #302 - Moodboard (I was inspired by the greenery and pinecones in the bottom left) 
Seize the Birthday #272 - ATG Birthday (Didn't use the twist)





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sketch Flowers (SSS)
Ink:   Baked Brown Sugar (ret SU), Rustic Wilderness, Brushed Corduroy
Paper:   Neenah Desert Storm, Naturals White (ret SU), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Nordic Frames Die, (Greetery), BotaniCuts Pine Boughs dies (Greetery)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

29 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I adore your pinecones and branches and love when you share them with us all! Your BIL is a lucky guy!
=]

JoAnn said...

Pretty card with those pinecones and boughs. Love the detail with the shading and also the Nordic Frame layers.

JoAnn said...

Forgot to thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Seize the Birthday.

Brenda in IN said...

I can almost feel the texture on the pinecones. They look so real. Those Nordic frames are just the bomb.

Julia Aston said...

You have made those pinecones look so dimensional with your inking Bonnie - and beautiful double framing on this! You've reminded me to get my own pinecone dies out! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Moodboard! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

A fabulous card for your BIL! Love the shading you added to the cuts. He's going to love this one too, Bonnie!

Nancy said...

This is so very pretty, Bonnie! I adore those pinecones and see why you are so fond of them. Your shading on the pinecones and branches is just perfect. Those frames are awesome as well. I wish I was picking winners this week! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and enjoy the warmer temps too.

Darnell said...

Another winner here, Bon! Those pine cones and branches are incredible dies and your coloring makes them look like you went for a walk and picked them from nature! Hugs, Dolly

Bobby said...

I love that set too, Bonnie, and your inking of the die cuts gave a lot of life to them. That double frame (or panel and frame) looks fabulous.

Jeanne H said...

An excellent card, Bonnie. I will CASE it, so thank you.

Marcia Hill said...

I love every item you used on this beautiful card Bonnie and they are among some of my top favorites from The Greetery! CAS and how perfect for a Fall or Winter birthday...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Bonnie. The Nordic frames really add a lot of texture and interest, and I love the pine bough.

Christine Alexander said...

your pine cone and greener are so pretty, wonderful card for a winter birthday ♥

nancy littrell said...

Love your neutral colors with just a touch of greens just on your die cut boughs, Bonnie. Wonderful coloring on your die cut pinecones and boughs. Die cutting your framing brought everything together beautifully and loved the font on your birthday sentiment. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Cat Craig said...

Lovely and eye-catching fall birthday card.

Pat said...

The pinecones and branches make a fabulous winter birthday card Bonnie, and so beautifully coloured, and the double layer of the Nordic Frames on the kraft card look absolutely gorgeous. x

Heather said...

They do have great texture don't they. Makes me want to run my fingers across the layers.

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is so lovely...it looks like you have snow on the pine needles! Gorgeous job! Also...thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and support, and good luck with the Altenew drawing!

HilaryJane said...

I can see the texture in the photo. The white on kraft looks fabulous too. Love that die xx

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful woodsy card, Bonnie! It's perfect for a masculine birthday or for anyone (like me) who loves the great outdoors. This pinecone die set is in my basket waiting for me to make a Christmas card with it. I wonder if I'll get around to it this year? Sheesh.

Nstiz said...

Pine cones are the one image I could never do right. Love the way you shaded those die cuts! Your actually LOOK like pine cones. Mine never do. Great card, Bonnie!

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! I love the dimension on the pine cones, and the pretty Nordic frames. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

TK said...

All the little details, the texture of the perfect pinecone plus the details in the edger cutting plate is perfect -- what a wonderful card, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is gorgeous - your attention to detail and colour is shown to perfection here
Blessings
Maxine

Marlena M. said...

Such depth; I love the frames too! Thank you for sharing with us at INk~

Trina P. said...

Wonderful card! Your ink blending is beautiful and gave them great dimension.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Another beautiful holiday card, Bonnie! Your sponging of the pine cones and pine branches is just perfect, and I could feel the texture. The framing is absolutely gorgeous too!
Hideko xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Just beautiful with that showstopping pine cone cluster! I have just finished making a card using these gorgeous frames and you have shown me another way to use them! Vicky x

BożenA said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. I love these beautiful pine branches and amazing pine cones. These frames perfectly enclosed the picture
xx