Monday, November 27, 2023

Winter Bird

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I fell in love with this bird.  She and I have had lots of fun together
in the past week.


I used her for my Craft Group swaps coming up and couldn't resist using her
for my niece's birthday card.

In my quest for a design for my swaps, I tried different color embossed backgrounds.
This was a background that wasn't quite what I was looking for, for that design.
But I liked it for this.

I daubed white ink over the raised embossing. (Sometimes I got the background too.)

After watercoloring the bird, I cut the design with a hem stitch circle and cut a circle
of blue to peek through the holes.

It doesn't show in the photo, but there is glitter on the trim of her hat and in the
center of the embossed snowflakes.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls #707 - CAS in a circle (I hope this is CAS enough)
NBUS #56 - Never Before Used Schtuff (stamp)
Seize the Birthday #274 - ATG Birthday (I did not use the fall option)

  

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Winter Birdie Swag (Unity), Banner Sentiments (PB)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White, Distress Markers
Paper:   Watercolor (TH), Blue (?)
Other:  Flurry of Snowflakes EF (SPL), Hemstitch Circle Die (Spl), Red, Black & Brown Ultrafine Sharpies, Quickie Glue Pen, Fine Glitter (Sweet Poppy)

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! That little bird is the cutest ever, but the snowflake background really makes your design pop!

JoAnn said...

What an adorable little birdie and he looks great in the hemstitch circle. Love the blue background and how you highlighted the snowflakes. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Brenda in IN said...

He is so cute and his hat is adorable. I like the hemstitch and that embossed background too but my favorite thing about this card is the sweet red heart. That is just charming, Bonnie.

Bobby said...

This made me chuckle, Bonnie. A hat on a bird is a fun thing to see and what a fancy hat it is. Great coloring and great design. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

She is adorable, Bonnie, and looks so intuitive looking at us. He is colored perfectly and I love the background as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls. Hugs!

Loll said...

Sweet bird! You can't help but smile with you see her. :) She looks beautiful on the blue snowflake background. Wonderful card, Bonnie ... your niece is going to love it! xx

Pat said...

What a cute and pretty bird Bonnie, no wonder you have loved using this image, and the embossed snowflake background looks gorgeous with the added white ink to bring them out...a beautiful card. x

Marcia Hill said...

She is just SO sweet Bonnie! I love her hat and the background too...sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Heather said...

Oh the cuteness! And that blue is gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the little tilt of her head and that sweet hat! Darling card, Bonnie!

TK said...

I'm with Lisa, sweet little tilt of her head -- she's so sweet!

Susan said...

Such an adorable bird! I love the snowy blue background and the hemstitch circle.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, she is easy to fall in love with! What a darling Winter bird-day card!
=]

Trina P. said...

What a tweet birdthday card! Fabulous snowflake background. Your niece is going to love it.

Viv said...

Can see why you fell in love with the birdie Bonnie! Fab card. x

Cat Craig said...

Its that inquisitive face on her. Love.

HilaryJane said...

That embossed background is just perfect. I love that little bird too xx

Christine Alexander said...

What a tweet little birdy, so perfect for a winter birthday :)

Nstiz said...

That bird is so charming! I think it's that hat! He just made me smile and your coloring makes it look all furry and soft. This one is just too fun. You had me shopping again!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous bird image Bonnie, and you have coloured her beautifully. Love your background also.
Blessings
Maxine

Pam Sparks said...

Love it Bonnie! What a delightful birthday card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute with his hat! Totally made me smile. Thanks for joining in at STB and JUGS

BożenA said...

Beautiful winter birthday card. She certainly made your niece's day
xx