Saturday, November 11, 2023

Oh Deer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I was trying to think of a design using light blue and purple for Color Hues
and found this piece of salted background using these colors.


I also had a NBUS stamp and die set (I just used the dies this time) that was
perfect for the Double D Deer Challenge.  Thanks for the enabling, my friends.

You can barely see the embossing in the background.  That embossing folder
was NBUS too.  I'm slowly whittling away at that NBUS Christmas box.

I sponged some white ink over the embossing then sprinkled some Chunky Frantage
over the top and heat embossed from the back.  Torn scrap paper made the snowbanks
and a stamped purple sentiment finish it up.

Challenges:
Color Hues #75 - Light Blue & Purple
Double D - Oh Deer
NBUS #56 - Never Before Used Schtuff (New Dies)

  



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bitty Holiday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:   Gorgeous Grape (SU)
Paper:   Watercolor (Strath), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Gansai Tambi Watercolors (Light Blue, Purple), Salt, Snowy Forest EF, Deer to Me Dies (PTI)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you treated yourself to those wonderful deer, Bonnie! They look gorgeous in your salted forest!
=]

Nstiz said...

You always design so beautifully, Bonnie but your backgrounds, subtle or not steal the show. LOVE those deer and love that background. The tree branches should be indistinct when it snows. This is perfect!!

Brenda in IN said...

That is a perfect snow sky. The embossing folder made a wonderful forest for the deer to romp through the snow. Great card, Bonnie.

Bobby said...

Fabulous background, Bonnie. I love the embossed trees and torn snowbanks for your deer to play in.

Marcia Hill said...

This is such a WOW card Bonnie! I absolutely LOVE your salted and embossed background, and the Frantage EP looks fabulous for your falling snow. And of course those deer are awesome all in white! Thanks for making our challenge colors once again shine and for playing along with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Gorgeous! That sky just screams cold and perfect for your winter card Bonnie. I love the embossed design with a bit of white to show it off ... subtle but oh-so beautiful. Perfect paired with your sweet white textured deers. Amazing card, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card, Bonnie! What a pretty background for this majestic pair. They happen to be in my NBUS at the moment!

Pat said...

Such a pretty pair of deer over the scrap background you found which was a excellent choice Bonnie and love the white frantage which makes great falling snow. x

Susan said...

Love your card, Bonnie! So perfect for the image of the white deer on the Double D mood board! Beautiful background, fabulous new deer dies!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning background for your deer pair, Bonnie - love the texture!!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Your incredible UFO box strikes again! Fantastic salted background and so perfect for TCH challenge colours.

Diane said...

Beautifully designed card, love the pretty background but those deer really caught my eye as I have two very similar deer I put out at Christmas and they totally look just like your deer!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

TK said...

Amazing! And a sheer winner in my book! I just entered my card into Double D, looked up through the gallery and here was yours -- with the same deer. I'm glad you purchased these because you sure used them perfectly -- really love this, Bonnie

Cindy Beach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Bonnie! Glad you found that beautiful background! Always a delight to find you in our gallery at Color Hues!

HilaryJane said...

That's a beautiful background. The white die cuts look fabulous against it. Lovely texture too xx

Donna Phelan said...

Ooooh love that background and your little snowy slopes! And your deer are....well dear! Super sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Oh Deer Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Nancy said...

Bonnie, That sky just says cold and perfect for your winter scene. I actually saw the embossed trees right away. Those deer are really cool too. You really took our challenge in a different direction showing participants you can blend the colors. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Ida said...

Very pretty winter card. - Love those deer and your background.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Bonnie! The stylised deer really show off that stunning background. Vicky x

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous background for your deer, Bonnie - love the subtle embossing - not all embossing has to take the centre stage, sometimes it just needs to enhance the rest of the card, not dominate.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

So pretty and an amazing scene. All your elements came together nicely.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful! I've been loving those deer dies for I don't know how long and they look fabulous in your salted embossed background scene. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a NBUS Christmas box (in my case a basket). My whittling is going very slowly.

BożenA said...

Oh, what a beautiful winter scene, Bonnie. I love your mysterious embossed background
xx