Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Group of Seven Using Plastic Wrap

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This month the Group of Seven Cardmakers did an older technique:
Smooshing with Cling Wrap.

You can find tutorials for this technique here.

I did a few backgrounds using re-inkers for my color and store brand cling wrap.

Here are the four cards that I made from them.


First up, I used a full panel using Stampin' Up! re-inkers, Marina Mist, Fresh Fuschia,
and Gorgeous Grape.  All it needed was a sentiment and a few pieces of confetti.


Next up is from a panel using Shaded Spruce Emerald Envy, Ballet Blue and 
Brilliant Blue re-inkers.  I added a die cut flower colored with blending brushes
and Simon Says ink. 


This was made using the same colors as the card above.

I left off a sentiment with this.  I think it will be used for a Christmas thank you card.


Using the same re-inkers as the previous two cards with a bit more blue,
I think this is my favorite.  It made sweet ornaments.

I used Mixed Media cardstock with a vellum finish and found that it worked
very well for this technique. I wet the paper before I added the re-inkers with a wet
waterbrush, then spritzed to make sure it was really wet for the colors to pool
in the wrinkles of the cling wrap.  It did take a long time to dry.

I hope you check out what the other Group of Cardmakers did. Then go to their blogs
and learn the tips and tricks that they discovered. 

If you try this technique, we'd love to see and hear what you think of this
fun technique.


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Delightful Day (PB)
Ink:   VersaMark
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil Cardstock
Other:  SU Re-inkers (Marina Mist, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape), Plastic Wrap, Gold EP, Joyful Frame Die (SSS), Foil Confetti (Studio Katia)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Eloquence (PB)
Ink: Shade Spruce (SU), Heather Violet, Iris, Aspen, Sage (SSS PSI)
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Re-inkers (Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue, Emerald Envy, Shaded Spruce), Alstroemeria Stem Die (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:
Ink:
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White, Red Glitter
Other:  SU Re-inkers (Ballet Blue, Emerald Envy, Shaded Spruce, Brilliant Blue), Delicate Pine Frame Die (MB), Quickie Glue Pen, Glitter (Sweet Poppy)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Gift Tag Greetings (Studio Katia)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White, Silver Foil Cardstock
Other:  Holiday Messages Ornament die (SSS), Flurry of Snowflakes EF (Spl), White EP, Snowflake die (?)



Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

Carol D. said...

Awesome!
I like the way you used pieces too.

Darnell said...

I'll have to try it this way with re-inkers, Bon. You got incredible results and turned them all into beautiful cards! (I think you are a pro with using the ornament dies and your various snippets this year.) My favorite result is the one you made into a sympathy card. Wow! Hugs, Dolly

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like another fun technique to try, Bonnie! Your results are fantastic! My fave is the first one!
Sadly, I don't have any reinkers besides close to cocoa and ripe avocado - could be yucky, and also tells you how old they are! lol
Off I go to watch the video! Thanks for sharing!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

they are all so beautiful Bonnie, your sympathy card is gorgeous ♥

JoAnn said...

These are all beautiful. Love the smooshed backgrounds with re-inkers - will have to try it. The one with the pretty ornaments is my favorite also. Thanks for sharing.

Julia Aston said...

Oh goodness, Bonnie - these are ALL so pretty! The first just showing off the beautiful background, the 2nd a lovely strip with your sweet die cut stem over it and lovely sympathy sentiment, the third with it's double framing and pretty tree with red birds, and finally those beautiful blue ornaments against the white embossed snowflakes background - Beautiful! Julia xxc

nancy littrell said...

Four Gorgeous Cards using your SU Reinkers smooshed Cling Wrap Technique, Bonnie:-) I loved all the colors and how each card is so beautiful and different:-) Thank you for Sharing dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Robyn Oliver said...

Simply stunning cards Bonnie, this is a beautiful technique, hugs Robyn

Lisa Elton said...

These are all lovely little works of art, Bonnie! I like the way the sparkly little birds pop on the white tree!

TK said...

Wow, gorgeous, Bonnie! I slid into the last technique by the skin of my chin- chin-chin -- you may have added another technique to my list! Love all of these cards!

Loll said...

Gorgeous cards Bonnie! The colours of your backgrounds are so vibrant and beautiful. All the cards are amazing, but I think the last one is my favourite too! Those ornaments looks so pretty, especially with the snowflake background. xx

Brenda in IN said...

The re-inkers were a great choice and the colors are awesome. The Emerald Envy is a beautiful color and your cards are wonderful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous quartet of cards using that technique, Bonnie! Especially love the thoughts & prayers card with the delicate flower over the cling wrap strip!

Bobby said...

I'm a fan of smooshing of any kind, Bonnie. Your use of re-inkers gave the panels such vibrant color and a great mix. Each card design shows them off beautifully.

Cat Craig said...

I am so loving the look of these.

HilaryJane said...

These look amazing. I love how you have used those panel. Great inspiration. Thank you xx

Nstiz said...

I've tried this some time ago with no where near the beautiful results you achieved! Love your color combinations. And once again you have me shopping! Thanks for the inspiration to try again! This post will be saved!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful quartet of cards Bonnie - your sympathy one is the one that really stands out to me. Your use of the technique is beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Each one of these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie...you've definitely aced this technique!! Been a long time since I've done this technique and will definitely have to try it again! Lovely, lovely cards!! Hugs. :0)

Carol Cel said...

OMG! I saw your first card, and loved it. Then the second, third, and fourth -- each more gorgeous than the one before! Beautiful set of cards!

Pat said...

Fabulous results with this technique Bonnie and I love the pink and purple tones on the first, and then the others with the blues and greens are wonderful too, and the reinkers have worked brilliantly. x

Susan said...

All of them turned out beautifully, Bonnie. I agree that the ornaments one is be my favourite card, but the texture and shading you achieved in the first one is wonderful.

Vicky Hayes said...

All absolutely inspiring Bonnie! Vicky x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, you've achieved great results with this technique, Bonnie! All four cards are amazing, showing the beautiful and clear 'cells'!
The colors are gorgeous and as always, your design is wonderful! Love all of the cards!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Wow all look amazing. Love the colour vibrancy from the reinkers.

BożenA said...

All the cards are brilliant, Bonnie. These backgrounds created with foil always give spectacular effects. My favorite is in the first card.
xx