Monday, May 20, 2024

Dragonfly Feathers

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm joining Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. today using embossing folders
as my inspiration.


I do love these 3D embossing folders! Who am I kidding?  I love any embossing folder!

This one is brand spanking new. I was not disappointed when I used it.
 (Simon is having a sale on their embossing folders this week.  Just sayin'.) 

It doesn't need much with it.  I chose a dragonfly die and used a piece of
alcohol ink background to cut the wings.

Since these is a bit of gold in the wings, I used a snippet of gold foil for the
base of the body and black for the top piece.

I think I'll do something similar for my next class.

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG with embossing folder (did not use the flower option)
NBUS #62 - Never Before Used Schtuff (embossing folder)


 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Pacific Point, Black, Yupo
Other:  Feather Spiral (SSS), Jumbo Curiosity Dragonfly (Grtry), Yana's Wonderful Scripted Sentiments (Spl)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You can't imagine how hard it was for me to say NO to that sale yesterday! I've run out of room in my favorite storage area... maybe it's time to purge a few to make room for new?
This one caught my eye, Bonnie - and you make me so happy when you bring out that sweet 'hitchhiker!' SO lovely cut from your AI'd paper! hello GORGEOUS!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I'm with you on LOVING embossing folders Bonnie, and this one is definitely a keeper! It makes the perfect background for your beautiful dragonfly! Loving the touches of gold on your dragonfly too! CAS and just a perfect Hello card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Sandy said...

I love the swirling motion of this card Bonnie - your card would not be the same without the embossing folder.
I am starting an online class using embossing folders today.
Sandy xx

Pat said...

This is a beautiful folder Bonnie and can see why you wanted to get it, and the dragonfly with the alcohol ink piece used for the wings looks gorgeous, and finished with a very pretty 'hello' die. x

BożenA said...

I love how the delicate curves of the embossed twigs beautifully weave this amazing dragonfly into themselves. What a stunning dance taking place on this card!
hugs,
BożenA xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous card!! Love your new embossing folder ... it's so beautiful and is the perfect place to show of your amazing AI dragonfly. Love the colours that just pop off the white background. So cool with the two tone body - great idea, Bonnie! xx

Darnell said...

I saw this e/f in the sale and hemmed and hawed and passed it by. It's okay, I do have one similar, but you certainly made me regret it with this gorgeous card, Bon! Of course, I love anything dragonfly, so I swooned over this gorgeous big fella! The hello font fits it all brilliantly. Thank you for playing again in NBUS and joining me with my I.D.E.A.S!📌 Mwah! Hugs, Dolly

HilaryJane said...

That embossing folder is definitely the star of this one. I love it. The gorgeous dragon fly enhances it perfectly. Love the black contrast too xx

Vicky Hayes said...

That's a gorgeous EF Bonnie with its gentle swirl and it makes a beautiful background for the pretty gold touched dragonfly. Thank goodness I'm not in the US as I would have been lugging an overflowing virtual cart to the checkout!! Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card Bonnie. x

Lisa Elton said...

I can't take my eyes off of those pretty dragonfly wings! You found the perfect spot for him to land too. Fabulous card, Bonnie!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, the dragonfly and its gorgeous wings! The gold is very fitting as this beauty is royalty. I'm with you when it comes to loving embossing folders. My baskets overfloweth. You have a gorgeous one here and it fits perfectly with the dragonfly!

Nstiz said...

OMG! That is the coolest dragonfly I have ever seen due to your wonderful alcohol ink die cut. I love that it is even embossed. This is such a beautiful card, Bonnie . Love the embossed background too.

TK said...

Bonnie, this is GORGEOUS!!! Wowzer, what fantastic texture but the AI wings do not take second place, they're dramatic and beautiful

TK said...

Bonnie, this is GORGEOUS!!! Wowzer, what fantastic texture but the AI wings do not take second place, they're dramatic and beautiful

Bobby said...

I love all the movement that folder adds to your card, Bonnie. Those wings are gorgeous.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card I am loving all these textures for sure.

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful dragonfly. He looks great on that swirly embossed background.

Darlene said...

Just awesome my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is absolutely stunning, Bonnie! The embossed feather pattern adds a dynamic movement to the gorgeous dragonfly! I love that you used the AI'd paper for the wings. They're so beautiful!
Hideko xx