Saturday, May 4, 2024

Santa's New Friend

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I recently won the random draw at ABC Christmas and Lynda sent
me some Gerda Steiner Christmas stamps.  


It didn't take long to ink this one up.

I colored the image with Copics and fussy cut them out.

Unfortunately I got a smudge of black on Santa's beard during the cutting.

I tried the 0 marker but it doesn't remove black any better than it removes red!

I hated to ditch it so I tried some white Gouache over the smudge.

Then Santa had a pink splotch on his beard.

Some more Gouache and homemade Flower Soft (made from rubbing
two Styrofoam balls together), I was able to cover up the oops.  And I used the 
leftover Gouache for splatter.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas - H is for Hat
Jingle Belles - The Man with the Bag (in this case he's put down the bag to enjoy the kitty)



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Santa and Kitten (Gerda Steiner), Jingle All the Way (MFT)
Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Paper:   Kraft, Naturals White, Pine, Red Glimmer
Other:  Copics, Brick EF (TH), Holly Punch (MS), Homemade Flowersoft

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

17 comments:

Bobby said...

I'm so glad you were able to save that cute image, Bonnie. What we don't have to do to cover up our oops. I love the added texture the 'flower soft' adds to his mustache.

LeAnne said...

You are the queen of saving, Bonnie! Good save on Santa's beard...I wouldn't have wanted to toss that fun image either! Sweet creation with that little kitty too!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great "save" on Santa's beard. I like the Gerda Steiner stamps and you colored him so well. That was so clever to make your own flower soft from styrofoam. You are an inspiration!

Trina P. said...

Been there many times!!😂 Quite the ordeal resulting in a great save. Congratulations on the prize win. This is adorable.

Marcia Hill said...

Great save Bonnie...I never would have known about the black spot as the fix looks perfect! Cute, CUTE image too and colored up beautifully!! Awesome Christmas card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

What? Homemade Flower Soft?? I learn so much from you, Bonnie! I adore Santa's new friend! Such a darling Christmas card!
=]

Sandy said...

Awww - big smile on my face!
Sandy xx

Susan said...

Great save on Santa's beard!! The homemade flower soft must add perfect texture. Such a cute image and beautifully coloured and fussy cut.

HilaryJane said...

Well rescued. Non one would ever know. Love the finished card with those white splatters on the kraft background xx

Nstiz said...

You are the QUEEN of fixing up messes! How come that doesn't work out so well for me? You'd never know there were smudges on this. Beautifully colored too!

Cat Craig said...

Oh how cute, love this.

Christine Alexander said...

congratulations on winning some Gerda Steiner stamps, they're so cute and that's such and adorable image ♥

TK said...

He's a cutie, and a keeper! I can't detect any "oops", so you did well on the save, Bonnie. He sure is fun, and I think I detect a smile of happiness under his bearded wonder

Vicky Hayes said...

You should start up a beauty salon for Santas Bonnie! You have pampered this one's beard into perfection! I am impressed at your refusal to allow the mark to remain and it would have been a shame to have given up on this lovely festive card :) Vicky x

lauren bergold said...

Such a beautiful, elegant, perfectly thought out card... every element is chosen exactly right! So pleased you could join our celebration of Santa at Jingle Belles!

SmilynStef said...

What a sweet little Santa ... so very glad you shared your *Man with the Bag* at Jingle belles.

Loll said...

Ahhhh ... sweet card Bonnie! :) xx