Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Set Sail

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

This was made from a set that had been sitting in my NBUS box for a
couple of years.  It's already been retired.  When I saw Bobby's card here, I
thought of this set and pulled it out so I could CASE her card.


Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with this set.  I had bought the bundle which 
included a punch.  I had a hard time lining up the stamps so they would fit in the
punch correctly.  I had hoped to use this set for my summer class but got so
frustrated that I decided not to include it.  I did finish the card though and it works
for a couple of challenges.

Although it looks red and blue, the colors are Coral and Teal.  The supplies are
listed below.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls #727 - Mood Board below
NBUS #62 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Color Hues #87 - Coral and Teal

 
 





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Let's Set Sail (ret SU), Sprinkles and Smiles (PB)
Ink:   Taken with Teal, Calypso Coral
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Taken with Teal
Other:  Let's Set Sail Punch (ret SU), Jumbo Peek-a-boo Circle Window Die (MFT), Circle Thin Frames (SSS), Seaside EF (ret SU), Linen-Canvas Coverplate (PTI), Sea Birds Die (IO)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH, don't you just hate when products disappoint? This is hard-earned money we're talking about! But you had prevailing winds and favorable conditions this time, Bonnie! I love it! Watch your chips... looks like that gull is headed your way!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

It looks coral and teal to me Bonnie, and I never would have guessed you struggled with this set as the card looks wonderful! I do hear you though about how punches work sometimes and end up being so frustrated you never use them again! Glad you persevered though and shared this card with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

A great CASE of Bobby, and a fun sailboat too. Sorry you were frustrated with the punch, I know how it can be when you buy the parts and then they don't adequately work together. You made a great card though

Sandy said...

Amazing! It does look red and blue in fact, that was going to be my first comment that I love the crisp red, white and blue combination. The sailboat is very sleek looking and with the embossed background looks like it is moving. The seagull is perfect flying into the scene. Does it sound like I like your card Bonnie!! I don't think anyone could make a better card than this one!
Sandy xx

Cat Craig said...

oh wow, so sorry you're having a hard time with this set. Its is one of my faves. YOur card is amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute Card that sailboat is a fabulous vocal image. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie what a fun way to showcase teal and coral with a sailboat! So fun and makes me think of days on the sailboat at my parents cottage growing up. The seagull is a perfect finihsing touch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I just spotted this cute card in our JUGs gallery! That's too bad about the punch because this is a terrific sailboat. Glad you stuck it out, Bonnie!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Isn't it maddening to not do what you want? However, looking at your card, it doesn't look a struggle, it's lovely.

Leslie Miller said...

Bonnie, it's really quite beautiful and I can see how you were attracted to it. I love the way it inked up with a distressed look. The sentiment and seagull from your stash are perfect with it. I have left NBUS long enough for it to retire as well. I guess it doesn't matter as many things I frequently use are retired. I'm sorry about the punch. In the end, it looks amazing.

JoAnn said...

Love your masculine card and glad you finally used your set. Sorry your had problems lining up the punch though. Glad you persevered.

Pat said...

I love this sweet coral and teal boat Bonnie and the flying gull and embossing behind the boat look great, and worth the trouble it caused as the finished card is very pretty. I know how frustrating it can be when things don't work as they should though. x

Bobby said...

I'm so glad I could inspire you, Bonnie. I do love your take on my card but sorry for the frustration. Could you possibly punch first and then stamp - like we used to do when we didn't have open dies?

Karen said...

Despite all your frustration, you ended up with a great CASE of Bobby's card. I love the way you've matted the circle and card, and that gull is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Christine Alexander said...

Awesome card even with all the struggle and a great CASE of Bobbies card.

Susan said...

It's so disappointing when new products don't work out as expected. But at least you got this one great card out of it!

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... bummer about the punch because the card is adorable! Thanks so much for joining JUGS this week!

JulieP said...

Sorry about your struggles Bonnie but this turned out wonderful. I love nautical cards!! The texture in the focal area is perfect but my fav is that seagull. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

HilaryJane said...

What a shame that you bought the bundle and then had trouble with it, but I really like your finished card. The circles work really well and I love that texture behind the boat. Great seagull too xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a shame it was a struggle to line up the stamped image in the punch Bonnie - especially as it's becomoing rarer and rarer to get a stamp and punch set. You certainly wouldn't know it was tricky though, the card has turned out beautifully and I can almost feel the wind in my hair!! Vicky x

JulieP said...

Just me again Bonnie to thank you for also entering this into the Color Hues challenge!!!!

Trina P. said...

This is adorable. Hate it when products don’t work out as expected… but your card turned out beautifully.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous CAS card! Love the nautical theme! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!