Thursday, May 30, 2024

Birthday Keys

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Recently I took advantage of a great sale on embossing folders and bought this
embossing folder and die set.


I've embossed a piece of Desert Storm cardstock and gently swiped some Vintage Photo
ink over the raised keys.

The die that comes with the folder makes fabulous keys when cut
from foil cardstock.

It's a quick and easy card for the guys.

Challenges:
Seize the Birthday - Use Metallics
NBUS #62 - Never Before Used Schtuff
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG with Embossing (did not use the option)

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Vintage Photo
Paper:   Desert Storm, Naturals Ivory, Milk Chocolate, Gold Foil
Other:  Captivating Keys EF & Die set (SSS)

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you and Marcia are making me regret resisting that sale!! SO fun! LOve the vintage swiping!
=]

Pat said...

All the different shapes of keys look really effective on the embossed background and the added gold die cut keys work brilliantly over the top Bonnie, and the Desert Storm card and Vintage Photo ink together with that wonderful chocolate brown for the sentiment make a wonderful colour combination. x

Bobby said...

My cursor paused over that folder and then moved on. After seeing your terrific card, Bonnie, I'm sorry I didn't click on it.

Brenda in IN said...

What a great buy you got. This is such a fun card and the shine is beautiful on the keys. Cool background!

Cat Craig said...

Great card, especially with that touch of the metallic keys.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this one Bonnie!! Perfect for a guy card or anyone that loves vintage! I'm just wondering how I missed this one when shopping the ef sale?!! Or maybe it was just that I had too much in my cart already and needed to stop! Haha! But anyway, FABULOUS card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

What a cool card. I am amazed at the different ideas you come up with when creating. I've stagnated quite a bit. Love this card and so perfect for a masculine card or for anyone for that matter.

Leslie Miller said...

I love it! Those gold keys are beautiful and your inking of the embossing is perfect. What a cool set. I can imagine many uses for it. You have a good eye!

Loll said...

Love this vintage-y, masculine card Bonnie. So fun to have new toys to play with! :) xx

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card with that embossing folder and those gold die cut keys. I also resisted the sale but was tempted on a couple of the EF. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

I completely forgot about the sale! Glad you took advantage of it and I love what you created!

HilaryJane said...

That's an unusual embossing folder. Don't think I have seen it before. I love the effect on the kraft card stock with the gold die cuts. A great look xx

Christine Alexander said...

I love that EF, the keys make such a dramatic background ♥

Colleen said...

Bonnie, I missed that sale, and you have made such a beautiful card and I love that it has those dies, cut in gold they look magnificent! I will have to keep my eye out for that one, because it works for those masculine cards we need to make! Thank you for playing with Seize the Birthday!

nancy littrell said...

Such fun vintage new card embossing pieces, Bonnie:-) TFS new products dear friend. Love and hugs..Nancy

Nancy said...

I love how you did the background with just a hint of the keys showing. You really gave this a nice vintage vibe. I have a very old Gina K stamp set that would go perfectly with this. I should send it to you as I don't use it. If interested leave me a message. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday and for using our Topping. HUGS!