Wednesday, May 8, 2024

New and Not so New

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I'm playing with a couple of challenges today and pulled out a new to me
die set that was recently bought on whopping good sale.

It made a great background for these older dies (probably not available anymore) 
from Memory Box.


I die cut the watering can from light gray cardstock and inked it a bit with some 
Distress Ink and a finger dauber.

The flowers were die cut from watercolor paper and also colored with ink.  
I touched them with a damp waterbrush to give them a watery look.

I did have a bit of trouble cutting this background piece.
I ended up using a dryer sheet with 80 lb paper and a new cutting plate.

I think it was worth the trouble and the $5.00 that I paid for it.

Here's a closer look.


The inside die cut piece is doubled for a bit of depth and the watering can was cut
a second time from a snippet of dark gray to offset with the lighter gray front.

I used my tiny circle punches to cut the centers for the flowers and dots on the
watering can.

The sentiment was computer generated.


Challenges:
Just Us Girls #725 - Color Challenge (Peach, Lavender, Gray)
NBUS #62 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Background Die)
Tic Tac Toe #246 - (Diagonal Flowers, Free, Die Cuts)


 

 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:  Peachy, Sherbet (SSS), Wilted Violet, Hickory Smoke (DI) 
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Watercolor Scraps, Black
Other:  Scrolled Punch and Pierce Plate (Spl), Vintage Watering Can, Long Stem Lavender, Darling Viola Dies (MB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. A great deal on that pretty background die. It looks great with the watering can full of lovely blooms.

Bobby said...

I had to laugh at this, Bonnie. I bought that die on sale too and was looking at it and thinking how I'd use it just before I came on here to comment. I hope I don't have trouble cutting but since I got the new Gina K Intricut, I can add more pressure and that might be the answer. Cross your fingers for me. :D

Sandy said...

Very Interesting Bonnie! I don't know what in the heck you used the dryer sheet for. I use used dryer sheets for dusting.....
Sandy xx

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, this was a wonderful addition to your stash - even better on a super sale!
I love how you've premiered her today - that opening is the perfect size for your sweet watering can!
[this is the one I used the bubble wrap to cut! I'll be testing out that Empress with it, too!]
=]

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. The simplicity of the die cuts complements the detailed background and fab use of the colours.

Susan said...

That's an amazing detailed background die! A lovely setting for the beautiful watering can and flowers!

Marcia Hill said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie, and love that watering can and flowers...they really POP against that GORGEOUS background! Sorry to hear that it was such a pain to cut out, but was definitely worth it! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Every detail is gorgeous. x

Betty said...

lovely card Bonnie and wonderful background for the flowers - the dryer sheet method always works for me too with those intricate dies - thanks for joining us this week at TicTacToe Challenge!

HilaryJane said...

I am glad you persevered with that die as the result is just stunning. Definitely worth the dollars. I am always pleased to see older dies being used. What a lovely little bouquet they make xx

Pat said...

This is a very pretty double frame and the watering can full of beautiful flowers looks wonderful over the top Bonnie. Sorry it was difficult to cut but maybe the bubble wrap mentioned by Michele will work with it. I have used a piece of an old padded envelope to cut a difficult die and it did help. x

Leslie Miller said...

This die set makes a beautiful all-over background for your sweet watering can with flowers, Bonnie! I have the other set that Spellbinders released at the same time. A cardstock shim worked pretty well with that, but next time I'll try Michelle's bubble wrap idea. Your card is so pretty and I'm inspired!

Nstiz said...

You got me on that incredible background embossing and piercing folder. Geez, that is beautiful and showcases your flowers and can so perfectly. LOVE this!

TK said...

Beautiful! Pretty but simple dies on your very pretty, ornate coverplate is just the perfect fit -- wonderful card. I always use a dryer sheet for fiddly backgrounds, it's so helpful and capturing all if not most of the bits!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie, that was $5 well spent - and amazing die!! Well worth the effort required in the cutting. Your card is amazing - love the simple die cut focal point, that lets all the background texture show.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous card. Definitely worth the efforts.

Christine Alexander said...

the flowers are so pretty and delicate, love the card ♥

Trina P. said...

This is so cute and CAS-tastic!