Friday, November 23, 2018

Another Amaryllis

Hello friends.  I'm so glad you stopped by.


I am really enjoying this Technique Tuesday stamp!
(First I used it here.)

This time I colored the flowers in red.  I had just received a 
Candied Apple Distress Marker and it was perfect for getting a good
rich, red color.

I placed the stamp in my MISTI and inked the flower with Distress Markers
and used a damp water brush to move the ink.

After it dried, I layered colors directly with markers and water brush.

The wash was done by pulling colors from the flowers
to the surrounding areas.

I used a sentiment from the same set.

I had some narrow glitter frames left from my last class and
used one to add a little sparkle to this card.

It celebrates a special day for a very special person.


I'd also like to enter at
ANYTHING GOES



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Amaryllis (TT)
Ink:   Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Barn Door, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint (DM), Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Dazzling Diamond Glimmer (SU), Neenah
Other:  White Gel Pen


15 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, your choice of red was perfect and the addition of white gell pen for the the stamens really makes a difference :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Stunning red amaryllis, Bonnie! Your DM watercoloring is so pretty. You pulled the colors to the surrounding area so well, making the subtle beautiful wash background. I think the sentiment and the glittery frame are great additions (compared to the previous amaryllis card), especially the flower has brighter and richer colors.
Hideko xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what an eye catching and dramatic card Bonnie - love how you have pulled the colour from the bloom for the wash, and have so delicately framed the image with the sparkly frame
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Bonnie! I love that stamp and you've colored it to perfection! And the glittery frame is a perfect finishing touch...love it!! :0)

Sandy said...

So beautiful Bonnie - I have taken a break from cleaning out our home and I tried this technique yesterday using various markers and water color pencils too! Boy this is not as easy as it sounds - I need to practice and practice and practice!
Sandy xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with that beautiful flower. Love how you pulled the colors from the flower to the surrounding area. The pretty frame makes the flower stand out. TFS

Loll said...

You are a master at watercolouring Bonnie. This is an amazing piece of art. A very special card for a very special person. xx

Susan said...

The glitter frame sets off the amaryllis perfectly! Wonderful watercolouring too!

Nstiz said...

This one caught my eye because of that gorgeous shade of red. Your painting is so beautifully done and maybe some day I'll the the hang of the light wash without watermarks. Fantastic card, Bonnie!

Trina P. said...

So pretty and beautifully watercoloured, Bonnie. I forgot where I saw that technique of pulling colours to create that soft background wash, but it’s so effective. Love the glitter frame. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh yes...another lovely lily card, gorgeous rich red, just like for real

Mac Mable said...

Glorious water colouring on that fabulous amaryllis stamp. One stunning and beautiful card x.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful flower and card Bonnie, I love the bright colour too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Linda said...

What a beautiful card, and I love the flower stamp. That red marker is the perfect shade. The sparkle from the frame is such a pretty finishing touch.
Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Jo said...

The magic of your framing really works here. Love that you made those colours bleed giving a loose watercolour look. Beautiful xx