Saturday, November 10, 2018

Snowflake Joy Tag

Hi.  I have another tag for
Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas

My mixed media are stamping, smooshing with re-inkers and Frost White paint and die cutting.

I've smooshed some coated cardstock in spritzed re-inker and Frost White paint.
When it was dry, I cut the piece in half, snipped of the top corners and 
put it on a piece of Glimmer paper cut just a little larger.

The snowflake frame was also cut from glimmer paper and 
I stamped and heat embossed the NBUS JOY sentiment.

I put a drop of silver glitter glue in the center of each snowflake 
to tie in to the tinsel topping.

You can find Loll's Challenge here.
You can join in until November 23rd.

Look what I saw yesterday.....

This guy was sitting on top of the bird feeder right outside our window.

I kept creeping closer until I was only about 6 feet away.

It gives the term bird feeder a whole new meaning!

No feathers were left over so we don't think he feasted on any of our resident friends.



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Joy A14457 (IO)
Ink:   Whisper White
Paper:   Glimmer (SU), Coated
Other:  Simple Pinpoint Snowflake Frame Die (PS), White EP, Little Snowflake Die (IO), Silver Tinsel (TH)


16 comments:

jimlynn said...

Such a very pretty tag Bonnie. Love all the blue and sparkle!
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful tag, love the blue and the bling and such a pretty die cut.
Wow to that 'big' bird X

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, such a beautiful tag, I love those little snowflakes against the blue background :)

Loll said...

LOVE the background with the smooshed blue and frost paint. So much beautiful shine! And so pretty with your framed snowflakes. Love the silver tinsel hanger. Thanks for playing along! xx

That is one BIG BIRD!! What is it?? A hawk?

Marcia Hill said...

Such a beautiful and shimmery and sparkly snowflake tag Bonnie...and you didn't even use a die to cut your tag...I'm impressed!! Love your smooshed background and really like the die cut snowflake frame...SOOOO pretty!! And what a visitor you had...that was definitely a bonus to your weekend!! :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous JOY tag, Bonnie! Just love your smooshed blue background and the shimmery frame!! What a fabulous photo of your birdie visitor too!!

Susan said...

Beautiful combination of white shimmer and blue - one of my favourite combinations! Love this tag!

I occasionally get hawks in my garden too and have seen them once or twice get one of the smaller birds at my feeders - it's quite upsetting as I love all the little birds that visit!

Nstiz said...

How pretty this is! Love the color of that background with the white shimmer paint in it. The sparkly die cut and background piece really sets it off beautifully, Bonnie. Fabulous tag!

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Bonnie, your smooshed blue background is a perfect winter colour and I love that JOY stamp adding to your a great mix of snow flakes.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such a pretty smooshed blue & frost white background, Bonnie! Love the sparkles of the snowflakes and the frame, and the silver tinsel hanger!
And what a big visitor you had!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty, Bonnie. Wonderful smooshing. Love the colours and that shimmer. xx

Jo said...

OMG that owl is a gift. I do love nature and this photo just amazes me and reminds me of its beauty. Now back to the tag. The blue and white smooshing is truly special. I always forget to use white. The white glitter paper reflects the blues and are in perfect harmony with those joyful snowflakes. Even the silver ribbon so smartly added accents this whole design. Another beauty! xx

Robyn Oliver said...

oooow I like that sparkly layering on your tag Bonnie, fab snowflake die, all that is needed teamed with your 'JOY' snowflake sentiment - wonderful tag

Tee said...

Such a pretty tag, love the blue and white! And great picture of the bird outside your window- love that!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous sparkly tag Bonnie - and a very hungry looking bird of prey... how wonderful to get the photo!
Blessings
Maxine

BożenA said...

Tag in my favorite color :-) Great design and amazing inspiration
Hugs,
BozenA