Monday, November 5, 2018

House Finch in Fall

Hello friends.

Our leaves are finally starting to change color so I thought
this would be a good card to share today.


This stamp is really large!

I placed it in my MISTI and stamped with Antique Linen Distress Ink
on a piece of Arches cold press watercolor paper cut to 5 x 7 inches.

Then I decided that I wanted to ink the stamp with my Zig markers instead of
doing a no line watercolor.

I stamped small sections and moved the ink with a water brush
repeated the process until I was happy with the colors.

When it was all dry, I colored the sky using the wet on wet technique.

I trimmed the piece just a little and mounted it on a card base.


The bird is much redder than it should be.  I need to work on that.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bird in Tree (IO)
Ink:   Antique Linen, Zig CCRBM (#64 Oatmeal, #65 Mid Brown, #50 Yellow, #52 Bright Yellow, #70 Orange, #46 Med. Green, #20 Red)
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. Cold Press), Thick Vanilla (SU)
Other:  Water Brushes, MISTI


12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow Bonnie your stamped image is just beautiful.

Hugs Diane

Marcia Hill said...

What a beautiful image Bonnie and it's water colored to perfection...including the bird!! Love all the golden leaves surrounding the little birdie too! Sadly most of our leaves are all on the ground and that s*** stuff is being predicted for this weekend! Oh well, guess I'll just have to stay in my craft room, won't I?!! :0)

Christine Kiehl said...

amazing!

Christine Alexander said...

your watercolouring is amazing Bonnie it shows a perfect fall scene with the little bird and all those beautiful leaves. To add to it your watercolour wash background is stunning, such a great backdrop your bird.

Mac Mable said...

This is such a great tecnique that you've mastered beautifully. Such a beautiful stamp and such a wonder card Bonnie....pretty red on the bird too x

Sandy said...

I do so enjoy your cards and seeing the techniques you have used.
Love that bird!
Sandy xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful purple finch, Bonnie. I love your Autumn leaves. Such a beautiful Autumn card, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Your bird is beautiful Bonnie. Love the colours and your great skills to make him come alive. So pretty with the branches and fall colouring leaves. Gorgeous card, my friend! xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Gorgeous!!! Popped right out of my blog reader at me. I don’ t think it is too red, that particular bird just had a really good amount of berries when he was molting into his adult feather. TFS!

Jo said...

Your bird is perfect the way he is. The red in your leaves repeat his throat and belly which, for me, is the perfect match. No line colouring well succeeded dear friend. Beautiful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautifully Zig watercolored image, Bonnie! Love all the amazing colors in the leaves, the branches, and the pretty bird. I could feel the warmth and softness of the feathers!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Beautiful autumn card. Great colors, beautiful color combination. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration.
BożenA xx