Sunday, November 11, 2018

Home in the Woods Tag

Hello friends.  Today I have another tag for
Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas


My mixed media are Embossing, Embossing folder Stamping, Watercolor, Die Cutting and Stamping.

I was playing around with embossing folders for our CAS Mix Up Challenge 
and used some bits and pieces for this tag.

I had embossed some of these tall trees with watercolor paper and painted them.
Then I fussy cut two of them out.

I inked the raised area on the embossing folder, spritzed and stamped on
a tag cut from watercolor paper.

There's a snowbank lightly colored on mixed media paper near the bottom
but the camera didn't want to pick it up!

The house was stamped and watercolored and a
 I fussy cut the stamped wreath to decorate the door.

Loll's Tag Challenge is open until the 23rd


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holiday Home (ret. SU)
Ink:   Archival Jet Black, Iced Spruce (DI & DM), Cherry Cobbler Marker (SU)
Paper:   Watercolor (Strathmore 140 lb. cold press), Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series)
Other:  Tall Pines EF (TH), Homemade Holidays Die (ret. SU)


18 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

such great images for a tag Bonnie, I love the house and the sentiment :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling house with the tall trees, Bonnie! Just love how you painted this sweet scene!!

Marcia Hill said...

What a FUN and FESTIVE tag Bonnie!! I love those tall dry embossed trees along with your tall house...and complete with a beautiful wreath too! Lovely, lovely tag my friend!! :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such a lovely red house, Bonnie! It goes so well with the green (iced spruce) trees. I love that you made the pine trees in two ways using the embossing folder (stamping, and coloring & fussy-cutting). And I see the snowbank! :-)
Hideko xx

Linda said...

This is so cute .... I love your little house in the woods xx

jimlynn said...

Cute and pretty all rolled into one. Love the little house!
Lynn

Brenda in IN said...

Lots going on on this tag. I like the dimension and that cute little wreath on the door!

Trina P. said...

So fun and adorable, Bonnie. Beautiful watercolouring as always, Xx

Jo said...

I really like the iced spruce colour for those trees. Love the folder stamping, so perfect for the distant background illusion. That red house is truly inviting, I can feel the LOVE! xx

Susan said...

Love that tall thin house! And what a good idea to fussy cut some of the embossed trees - so perfect with the stamped ones behind.

Mac Mable said...

Great scene making and love the vertical of the trees and that cute house. Super tag and I can see it adorning a lovely Christmas gift or a nice bottle of wine X

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love those trees. What great ways to use your embossing folder to create "stamped" and "die-cut" trees! Awesome! Your bright red house looks so welcoming in the forest. Thanks again for playing along! xx

Nstiz said...

Your house is charming, Bonnie. I never would have thought to fussy cut an embossed image. That was brilliant. Love how they fade in the background, appearing to be in the distance. Love that house too. Great tag!

Christine Alexander said...

Sweet Tag Bonnie, and so many ways to use your embossing folder. I love those soft embossing folder stamped trees in the background and I can't believe you fussy cut some out :)

Tee said...

Cute scene. Love the little house and trees!

Sandy said...

This is one of my favorites - love that house!
Sandy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous mini scene you have created on this stunning tag Bonnie
Blessings
Maxine

BożenA said...

A great tag, I love your trees, especially those stamped in the background.
Hugs,
BożenA