Friday, November 9, 2018

Gingerbread Tag

Hello.  Are you ready for the weekend?
I still look forward to weekends even though I'm retired.

I have another tag for Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas.


This is my favorite gingerbread stamp!  I picked it up at a stamp show
several years ago.  He's so easy to stamp on brown cardstock.

I stamped him, heat embossed the stamping and stenciled the
"cracks" over him.  I find that Sharpies work well for coloring
his buttons and bow.

Stenciling with a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil and a Clarity Brush 
made easy work of the base of the tag. The tag is one that Christine sent me.

I've finished this off with some snippets of Cherry Cobbler
a wooden snowflake and some scrunched seam binding.

Loll has done fantastic mixed media tags and each day a friend joins her
with another outstanding Christmas tag.

So much inspiration there!

You can enter the challenge until the 23rd.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Gingerbread Boy (Rubber Cottage)
Ink:   Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar
Paper:   Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler (SU), Tag
Other:  White EP, Layering Stencil #32 (TH), Texture Scraped Paint Stencil (ret. MB), Wooden Snowflake, Seam Binding (ret. SU)


17 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What a cute, CUTE tag Bonnie!! Your gingerbread girl is adorable and love all the white frosting (I mean embossing!) around her! Really like your background using the Clarity brushes too...I've never had much luck with mine...can I come over for a lesson?? Have a great weekend my friend!! :0)

Bunny said...

Oh this is delicious looking. Wonderful tag. [Bunny]``

Mac Mable said...

Fun gingerbread man and the background stencilling looks fabulous. Gorgeous combination of the colours and one adorable tag X

Loll said...

Sweet!! :) Your gingerbread man is fun with the white icing (!) design and the cracks from baking in the oven. LOVE that stenciled background ... perfect colour to match. And love the red accents. Thanks for playing along, my friend! xx

Linda said...

I love your gingerbread man Bonnie ..... he looks so sweet! (sorry!)
Great colour combination, and I love the stenciling on the background xx

Trina P. said...

Oh yum! What a sweet gingerbread man, Bonnie! He’s all dressed in his finest ready for a festive season. Kraft and red is a classic colour palette. Fun tag. xx

Susan said...

That's a great gingerbread man stamp, and I love the way you stenciled the cracks over him - makes it look like real baking. The red borders at the top and bottom frame him perfectly and the wooden snowflake really ties the colours together.

Doris said...

Yummy! Makes me want to go make gingerbread and make the house smell good...

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty gingerbread man tag, Bonnie! The stenciled "cracks" are really effective. I love the background stenciling too. It adds so much interest and it almost looks like white brick wall. The scrunched ribbon is perfect for the cookie texture.
Hideko xx

Nstiz said...

OH how cute this and I've already hunted that stamp and added him to my wish list. He looks fabulous with your deep red embellishments and white embossing. What a fun tag< Bonnie.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling gingerbread man tag, Bonnie - bet you were glad to find that stamp, such a cutie!!

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, this is such a sweet gingerbread man. His baking cracks are perfect :) awesome tag

Jo said...

A yummy cookie :P these are my favourites come Christmas. Mr Gingerbread man is cutie, I can see why you love this stamp. The stencilling is truly convincing, both on his body and on the tag base. It amazes me how you get the perfect colour match to the ribbons and the red accents to your tags. The wooden snowflake embellishes this beautiful tag. Love the richness xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

love your tag, so fun and festive.
xx Karen

Tee said...

I don't have a gingerbread man stamp-this one is adorable!
Gorgeous tag!

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie your ginger bread man looks good enough to eat.. a wonderful tag
Blessing
Maxine

BożenA said...

A beautiful ginger bread. Your tag looks so tasty. Someone will be very happy :-)
xx