Monday, April 15, 2019

Embossed Poppy for CAS Mix Up Reminder

Hi.  Have you tried the Layered Stamping and Heat Embossing technique yet?


Susan is hosting CAS Mix Up this month.

There are tutorials at the challenge site if you're not sure how to do this.
I found the videos very helpful.

I had the beautiful poppy stamp set in my NBUS box and it worked
beautifully for this technique.

I used my MISTI and first stamped the solid part of the flower with
embossing ink then heat embossed it with Red Embossing Powder.
Love this red!

Then I stamped the outline with embossing ink and heat embossed
with Black Embossing Powder.

The leaf, bud and sentiment are also embossed with the Black.

Because I was afraid I'd mess up the whole thing by splattering, I
used a stamp to lightly stamp my splatters.

My Mixed Media are Layered Stamping, Layered Heat Embossing, and Dry Embossing.

I'll enter this at Craft Stamper Magazine
ANYTHING GOES


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Painted Poppy, Snowing (Alt.), Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Wow Embossing Pad, Delicata Golden Glitz
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. Solar White), Basic Black
Other:  Primary Apple Red EP (Wow), Black EP (SU), Charles EF (Cuttlebug)


19 comments:

jimlynn said...

I haven't tried that technique but after seeing your card, I just may have to. Beautiful!
Lynn

Viv said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. x

Jo said...

I adore this card, that poppy POPS and I will definitely CAS this one. Love that sentiment in just the right place too. Learned a lot with this delicate technique...I think we all did ❤️
A beautiful card dear Bonnie xxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful poppy Bonnie, you've reminded me that I may have some layering stamps from Rubbernecker that might work with this technique. Thankyou for the inspiration, Cathy x

Loll said...

Your poppy is gorgeous! I LOVE that red too! So bright and beautiful! Great with the black outline. Your splatters are awesome! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Poppy Bonnie love the shine from the embossing on the petals :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - I have just come from Mac Mable's blog and this is such am elegant contrast but equally jaw dropping Bonnie. love it
Blessings
Maxine

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your red poppy is so shiny and pretty, Bonnie! I love the simplicity of the red flower with black outlines. The snowing stamp worked perfectly for "spattering". Every time I spatter, I get nervous and start asking myself "Am I going to mess this up?" ;-P
The subtle dry embossing is a wonderful touch.
Hideko xx

JosieD said...

What a striking card--that red really pops! Love that you took the safe route by stamping the splatters and that they are stamped in gold...nice soft contrast with the vibrant poppy.

Brenda in IN said...

Embossing this lovely flower in black really made it pop. The splatters are very subtle and soft. I love the leaves on this stamp.

Mac Mable said...

What a striking card and so very beautiful and CAS perfection. Yes I often use a splat stamp for the very same reason as you Bonnie x

BożenA said...

I love this poppy Altenew. I have always seen him in the watercolor scene, but your idea for him is so revealing. I love the deep, strong red and black outline. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration and for inviting me to this incredible fun in such a distinguished group of DT. If it were not for you, I probably would not use this technique, and as it turns out, it's a technique that gives such astonishing effects. Thank you, Bonnie!
Hugs,
BożenA

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful and very elegant!
xx Karen

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning result Bonnie.
Faith x

Brenda said...

Wow! Loving this artsy poppy Bonnie! That red embossing is so vibrant and beautiful. I love the white, red, black color combo and the dry embossing in the background. The "speckles/splatters" look great. No, I haven't tried this technique but it sure does look fun! Hugs, Brenda

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, loving the red embossing powder with the black.

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS Bonnie. I love the bright red of the poppy against the splattered background, looks so striking. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Trina P. said...

Pretty layered poppies, Bonnie. Great job with the splattering. xx

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! So much detail, yet so CAS. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)