Monday, April 29, 2019

Poinsettia for Rudolph Days and Jingle Belles

Hello friends.

Today I have another Christmas card for the stash.


This card was made with pieces from my Christmas UFO box.

The poinsettia was cut from a Simon Says Stamp Die and assembled
long ago.  I don't remember how I colored it or got the shiny finish on it.
Most of the Some times I just can't remember stuff!

I used two kinds of texture on the white pieces but they don't want to 
show themselves in the picture.  The smaller white piece has gold
embossing around the edges.

I'm joining in at Rudolph Days where Maureen hosts an
Anything Christmas Goes challenge every month from the
25th to the end of the month.

I'm also joining in at the Jingle Belles Challenge
where they've given us a sketch to use this time.




Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holly Jolly Greetings (SU)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Neenah, Gold Glimmer
Other:  Poinsettia Parade Die (SSS), Lots of Labels Framelits Die (SU), Linen Emb. Plate (PTI), Subtle Textured Impressions EF (SU), Cherry Cobbler Ribbon, Gold EP (SU), gold micro beads


22 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! I bought that Poinsettia die after I saw Loll use it and had to have it, but it's still sitting here unused! I love just the soft coloring you gave it...SO pretty! Elegant and lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Carole said...

Very classy Bonnie and I am all for using those left over a bits and upcycling! xx

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Bonnie, so elegant. xx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card for the holidays! LOVE that shine.
Lynn

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty, I do like the color of the flower!

scrappymo! said...

Love this card design, Bonnie. The slight gold along the edge, the fabulous merry die and the stack Christmas stamp all combine to make one fab card!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Poinsettia Bonnie, and so elegant with your red ribbon and gold edged frame :)

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card!

Whisper said...

WOW what a stunner of a CAS card and thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Challenge, Luv Sam x

SmilynStef said...

Love the pretty poinsettia and the gold embossed edging ... so glad you got sketchy with us at Jingle Belles.

Brenda in IN said...

That poinsettia is colored so soft and gorgeous. A pretty design. I love the gold glitter sentiment. I would leave the "Most of the time" in if I were posting this.

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant card Bonnie. You have the best stuff in your UFO box! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. I love the poinsettia and the touches of gold.

Bobby said...

That's a lovely little poinsettia, Bonnie. I don't always remember what is used for a card either but I guess that's irrelevant unless you want to duplicate it. ;) I'm getting behind in my Christmas cards. I'm going to go take a look at these challenges.

Mac Mable said...

Me too on the remembering Bonnie x What a classy and elegant card and so very pretty. The pop of gold looks amazing x

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful and elegant Christmas card Bonnie! I'm with you on the remembering part, I rarely remember anything anymore. lol Not good. Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful christmas card, bonnie! the poinsettia is lovely however you made it. i often think of putting my die cut sentiments on an angle but i usually chicken out; must stay in my comfort zone. :) thank you for playing along with the rudolph days challenge.
linda

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous and elegant card, Bonnie. Love the colours. You have the UFO pieces. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Bonnie - and I love how you have used the sketch. The gold embossed edges add such an elegant feel to it
Blessings
Maxine

Jo said...

Totally elegant and regal. What a beautiful attention to detail. The rich red ribbon really make the poinsettia stand out. The textured card stock is precious too. A beautiful card! xx

BożenA said...

A beautiful and very elegant card. Great contrast, beautiful poinsettia.
Hugs,
BozenA

lauren bergold said...

two words: YOW. ZA! what an amazingly lovely CAS card, just absolutely perfect, i love everything about it. not to mention a FAB take on stephanie's sketch. so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥