Saturday, April 6, 2019

Peace Love and Joy for Jingle Belles

Hi there.  I hope you are having a good week.


A sweet friend in my local craft group brought some wood veneer and
challenged all of us to do some die cuts to swap.

I found that misting it with a bit of water helped keep it from splitting.

I've die cut another Nativity from gold foil and offset the wood
from it just a bit.  The wood broke from Mary's halo and I liked the the
gold foil looked.  So I snipped Baby Jesus' halo too.

I've placed it atop a piece of smooshed background done with
re-inker and frost white paint.

Finally, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.

'We Three Kings'
Add three of something to our Christmas card.
The holy trio are my three.


I love this die with Mary holding baby Jesus and
Joseph looking on.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Christmas Sentiments (PB)
Ink:   Wow Embossing Pad
Paper:   Neenah (110 lb. Solar White), Gold Foil (SU)
Other:  Wood Veneer, Re-inker, Frost White Paint, Gold EP (SU)


17 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Die cut Bonnie, I've never tried die cutting wood veneer, it looks amazing.

SmilynStef said...

What a perfect trio for the holidays ... such a lovely design ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Loll said...

Gorgeous smooshed background to show off your amazing wood nativity scene. It's a real WOW design! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with that lovely die cut. I like how the gold halos show up with the wood veneer snipped off. Love that special die cut.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Bonnie, I didn't know that wood veneer could be cut with a die, a lovely result and great thinking on the halos.
Faith x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful holy and serene nativity scene die cut from veneer and gold foil paper, Bonnie. Love your pretty background too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Love the look of the wood veneer too.
Lynn

Trina P. said...

Beautiful nativity scene, Bonnie. Offsetting the wood and gold makes it stand out against your gorgeous smooshed background. xx

Mac Mable said...

What a striking effect with the wood veneer and a creative way to solve the missing halo's!....x Love the colour combination and such a beautiful designed card x.

Nstiz said...

That die looks fabulous with the gold! I have some veneer here but unfortunately it's the thick kind for wood working and won't cut with a wafer thin die. Love that die you used also- so beautiful with the gold. Gorgeous card.

Susan said...

Great interpretation of the "three" in the challenge! Beautiful background too!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...this is GORGEOUS Bonnie!! I love the look of the wood veneer with the gold for the nativity, and your background is SOOO pretty! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful...love the look of your bkg.
x Karen

lauren bergold said...

such a sweet card with a beautiful background! thanks for celebrating trios with us at JINGLE BELLES!

Bobby said...

Absolutely lovely, Bonnie.

Brenda said...

I didn't realize that veneer wood could be die cut Bonnie, but yay for you in getting it done! I do love this card, the wood and gold foil work so well together. Happy coincidence that the halo broke off Mary, as the gold works so much better with the wood. Love the way you offset the gold and wood. So beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

BożenA said...

I love this die. Its shape is simply perfect, elegant, soft and rising to heaven. I love gold veneers from the veneer and a beautiful heterogeneous background. I love this card, Bonnie.
hugs,
Bozen