Monday, April 27, 2020

Home for Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you dropped by.

I hope you are dealing with this "new normal" in a creative way.
I think I'm starting to get used to it.  Last week went by a lot faster
and I only thought it was Saturday once!


I was going through my Christmas UFO box and found this little background.
I'd inked it with Distress Ink and tried splattering some water to get a
snowy look.  My little drops ended up being one big glop.  Oops!
Not wanting to trash it, I did the next best thing and threw it in my UFO box instead.

A scene with a large object to hide the blemish felt like a good fit.
So I stamped this house on some woodgrain paper and die cut it.
Boo boo hidden!

I removed a bit of color through a circle stencil in the top corner.
It's Neenah and the water started the paper to pilling.  I was able to
color it in for the moon and hide most of it with the frame.

Sometimes it seems like it's one blooper after the other.

I think this is passable for a Christmas card.  At least I hope so.

Challenges:
Christmas Kickstart: Winter Wonderland: Create a Scene
Rudolph Days: Christmas Card




Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holiday Home (ret. SU), Waterfront (SU), Snow Globe Greetings (MFT)
Ink:   Versafine Onyx Black, Smokey Gray, Garden Green
Paper:   Neenah, Distress Woodgrain (TH)
Other:  Stitched Squares Die (SSS), Homemade Holiday Framelits (SU)


23 comments:

Greta said...

Such a cute little scene, Bonnie! You certainly solved the boo boo problem--wouldn't have known at all!

Christine Alexander said...

great save Bonnie, your background looks amazing. You'd never know there was a splotch behind the house. The scene is perfect with the trees and Santa and his sleigh above :)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful Christmas scene that you've created here Bonnie. Thank you for joining in Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue DT xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A very passable Christmas card Bonnie - love the innovations you have used :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Bonnie, love your little scene so much! I really must try and find a wee Santa in the sky stamp for myself as I love that image. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

JosieD said...

This card triggered wonderful nostalgic thoughts for me of my childhood. I love how it all turned out. As I have said many times, you are the queen of using your very special creative skills to fix boo boos(!)

I Card Everyone said...

Ha! you and Bobby are always tattling ON YOURSELVES! I never would have detected a thing wrong with this darling Christmas scene, Bonnie!
Darling!
=]

Nstiz said...

I have to credit you with the ability to fix those issues! I usually just toss it but this turned out so cute! Love the house and the Santa and sleigh in the sky. If the moon is pilled it sure doesn’t show. Wonderful job on a background that had a large splat of water on it.

Pat said...

Some cards just definitely don't come together easily Bonnie, but you ended up with a great Christmas card, and to be honest had you not said we would never have known. x

Sandy said...

Big smile on my face -- now you have me singing -"I'll be home for Christmas, just you wait and see"
Sandy xx

Jane said...

I went for a Santa flying through the sky image too. Love your card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

jimlynn said...

Great save and a perfect scene for Christmas. Love Santa and all the reindeer flying though the sky.
Lynn

TK said...

Terrific save! So glad you kept after it because the product is perfect -- love the scene peeking through the window. It's almost as if it's what we feel like now, only winter... Great save though, I can only say that I've done that more than once -- not a great water splatterer :o)

JoAnn said...

Great save for your cute Christmas card. Love the house, it looks so Christmasy. Thanks for sharing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another creative save, Bonnie - well done! Just love your sweet scene in the stitched window!!

Susan said...

Perfect save of your great background! Love the little house and Santa in his sleigh!

Loll said...

Great save Bonnie! Love your bright and colourful winter scene! xx

Marcia Hill said...

A perfect save and a wonderful Winter scene...almost makes Winter look wonderful, doesn't it! Haha!! I'm still waiting for Spring! Hugs. :0)

scrappymo! said...

I had a good chuckle as I read your blog post here, Bonnie. I must preface this with the fact that I first looked at your card, before I read anything and my first thought was...what a lovely card!
Then i read your post and had a good chuckle. Sometimes it seems that life can give you a series of hiccups and then karma usually wins overall and brings you back to a normal day.

Great card and some great saves too!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Great save and such a delightful Christmas scene x.

Jo said...

Great save, good thing you didn't trash it. Love the softness of this beauty ...already producing for Christmas?, wish I was so disciplined. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I would have never guessed your bloopers, Bonnie! This is such a pretty Christmas scene. I have this stamp set and I haven't used it for a long time. You inspired me to pull it out and use it! Thank you for your inspiration!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

I was amused by your story about the history of this background :-) Who among us does not have such stories up his sleeve ...? I know a lot of them :-) Despite everything, the card looks great, you perfectly masked all the mishaps. I never thought that something could go wrong.
hugs,
BożenA