Saturday, April 11, 2020

Spring Tulips

Hi there. I'm so glad you stopped by.

I hope you and your loved ones are well.


There's still time to join in at CAS Watercolour.
Susan is hosting this month and she chose...
Susan says: "I am looking for SPRING flowers - not just any flowers.  
So please think snowdrops, daffodils, tulips, crocuses, 
apple and cherry blossom, dogwood, etc."

I've inked this wonderful stamp from Technique Tuesday with Distress
Markers and stamped on Mixed Media paper. You may recognize it as the 
same flowers on my March calendar page.

Using the MISTI makes it possible to ink small sections and blend
with water then stamp again.

If you like your cards brighter, here's another version for you.

Our Design Team along with our Talented Guest Designer, Vicky have
wonderful examples of Spring flowers to inspire you.

I hope you'll check us out and share your watercolor Spring flowers with us at


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Tulips (TT)
Ink:   Festive Berries, Peeled Paint, Candied Apple (DI and DM)
Paper:   Neenah, Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Strawberry Slush (SU-card 2)
Other:  Hemstitch Rectangle Die (Spl), Oxford EF (Cuttlebug)


13 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE both versions Bonnie! The 1st cards says Spring a little more softly whereas the 2nd card says Spring a bit more loudly, but I love both! Really like how the hemstitch die frames both cards too! I know it will be different this year, but wishing you Easter Blessings this weekend my friend! Hugs. :0)

JosieD said...

Beautiful cards, Bonnie...you sure have perfected your water coloring with the Misti technique. Interesting how different the 2 cards look with the one using the Strawberry Slush embossed mat...one thing can make such a difference. Love that Hemstitch rectangle die!
May you have a joyful Easter, my friend, even though things are so very different this year.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, so nice to see these beautiful spring flowers. I hope you're keeping safe.
hugs Christine

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous tulips Bonnie and so beautifully stamped and then mounted. Beautiful cards.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

My Paper Epiphany said...

Lots of gorgeous tulips! I love both cards! We are well, but I'm so worried about all my friends and family in North America and Europe/UK! Stay well and I hope you find peace in your crafting:)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the different moods of these cards Bonnie - the impact of colour always amazes me! Gorgeous watercolouring and interesting to hear how you used your MISTI to help. Sighing over that wonderful hemstitch die! Vicky x

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty water colouring and both cards are so beautiful. Keep well and safe your end Bonnie....All good our end x.

BożenA said...

Wow! Two beautiful Bonnie cards. Especially the first one won my heart, it's so delicate. Thank you for the great inspiration
hugs,
BożenA

Trina P. said...

So pretty and beautifully coloured.

Loll said...

Beautifully watercoloured my friend! This is one gorgeous card! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

These tulips are so pretty and beautiful, Bonnie!
I love your watercoloring and I'm the lucky one to receive the first card! I displayed it on my craft table and brightens up the room. Thank you so much!
Hideko xx

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous!

Jo said...

A gorgeous watercoloured bouquet in two versions. Love the drops on the first and the matting on the second. Beautiful bright colours bringing spring sunshine happiness. xx