Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Vintage Christmas

Hi there.  I hope you're doing well and glad you stopped by.

It's been a busy few days here making cards for ER staff at a nearby hospital.

I did find time for a couple of quick Christmas cards just in time to
join in at Jingle Belles.


I didn't think I had anything vintage but when I was going through my stash
looking for something else, I found a little bag with some sweet vintage pieces.

The background was also hiding in my stash.  I tried to sponge the edges
to make it look more vintage.  I really need to work on my sponging!

This adorable image was also in the bag.
Don't they have the sweetest faces?


The embossed frame was, you guessed it, in my stash.

I've make a dent in them but I wonder if I'll ever get to the end of those UFOs!

Challenges:
CAS Christmas - Christmas Song (O Christmas Tree)
Jingle Belles- Have yourself a Very Vintage Christmas


Stay well and creative!

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (Card 1)
Stamps:  Christmas Background (Stampendous)
Ink:   Crumb Cake, Garden Green (SU)
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Other:  Vintage Image (gift)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Vintage Post (HA)
Ink:   Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Paper:   Field Day (MFT), Neenah
Other:  Vintage Image (gift)Corner Rounder Punches, EF (ret. SU)


17 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are so vintage looking and pretty. Love the backgrounds too Bonnie!
Lynn

lauren bergold said...

oh what beautiful cards, for someone who thought they didn't have vintage you sure hit the jackpot! so happy you could join our OLD FASHIONED fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Pat said...

Two super finished cards Bonnie, beautifully vintage, and all using things from the bits box. I'm sure I probably have quite a few things that could be finished but don't think it's happening at the moment. x

SmilynStef said...

those vintage postcards makes such great featured card elements ... so very glad you shared your Vintage with us at Jingle Belles.

Christine Alexander said...

both are so pretty and perfectly vintage Bonnie, I think my favourite is your fist card with that wonderful background as the frame :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie, I am sure those stash bags collect more stuff when we turn our backs....
Loving your sweet vintage cards - those centre pieces are gorgeous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Ros Crawford said...

I'm sure your beautiful vintage cards will be very much appreciated... Oh happy days. Sending love and hugs and hoping you stay well and enjoy Easter..

I Card Everyone said...

There's something so special about these vintage scenes, Bonnie... they remind me of some actual vintage cards that I found among my Mom's things - they fell to pieces in my hands, and must have been some she had saved from her own mom.
Two really beautiful cards - and, yes, very sweet faces!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie...both of these cards are SO sweet! The little guy with his Christmas tree is so ADORABLE and I love the background you found to go with it too! And you're right...the faces on those 3 in the second card are just precious! Wonderful cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

Two fabulous vintage cards. You sure have one amazing UFO box. The pieces you found are perfect.

Brenda in IN said...

Two beautiful vintage cards. I love children on Christmas cards. They are always so hopeful and happy and these are very sweet. Great vintage find.

TK said...

Vintage they are, and pretty too! Love your vintage bits, and all others you've been using -- you're makin progress and that's what counts

Loll said...

Two beautiful vintage Christmas cards Bonnie! Your vintage images are so sweet!! xx

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous vintage styled cards and well done you on using some of your stash....I suspect there is lots more in the UFO box ? x.

BożenA said...

Wow, Bonnie! How beautiful and sweet are your vintage cards. You used these Christmas images wonderfully, and extremely rarely, you still kept the CAS style. IM very impressed.
xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I'm always amazed by the treasures you pull from your bag/stash, Bonnie!
These two cards are wonderful vintage Christmas cards. I don't think I've ever made really vintage-looking cards.
Not only the center pieces, but also the backgrounds are wonderful!
Hideko xx

Jo said...

What a great idea and so ecological, I truly like this. You did an amazing job with these vintage pieces. Shhhhh about the sponging, I find you did a great job. A beautiful generous gesture on your part. Take care xx