Friday, February 18, 2022

Pinkfresh Butterflies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I had a playdate with my Glimmer machine and a sweet friend.


Another sweet friend had given me a gift certificate to Pinkfresh Studio and these
hot foil plates were ready to get warmed up.

I hot foiled these gorgeous butterflies onto mixed media paper and the
Art Deco plate onto some colored cardstock using gold foil.

I used Distress Markers and my waterbrush to color the butterflies and
cut some hearts out of a piece of the Art Deco.

Here you can see the glow of the gold....


You can't really see the subtle embossed background that adds just a bit of texture
and the frame was cut using some Pinkfresh Slim Rectangle dies.


Challenges:
NBUS #35 - Never Before Used Schtuff




I also watercolored the full butterfly and perched it on a full Art Deco piece
to say Thank You.

 




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover (DM)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mixed Media (Strathmore), Coastal Cabana (SU)
Other:  Butterflies Hot Foil Plate & Dies (PFS), Art Deco Hot Foil Plate (PFS), Everyday Sentiments II Hot Foil Plate (Splbndr), Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Dies (PFS), Sweet & Sassy Framelits (SU), Gold Foil, Subtle EF (ret SU), Gelly Roll Metallic Pen

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  
Ink:Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover (DM)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Mixed Media (Strathmore), Coastal Cabana (SU)  
 
Other:  Butterflies Hot Foil Plate & Dies (PFS), Art Deco Hot Foil Plate (PFS), Perfect Sentiments Hot Foil Plate & Die (PFS), Gold Foil, Gelly Roll Metallic Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

Mac Mable said...

WOW......Both are stunning. The gold foiling looks amazing and so are those beautiful butterflies Bonnie x. Love the Art Deco pieces too x.

I Card Everyone said...

This is one of my favorite foiling sets of all, Bonnie! I just loved playing with Marcia's set! What beautiful cards you've created with them! I'll remember to try the SU colored card - seems it worked just perfectly!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL cards Bonnie! The PFS butterflies are 2 of my favorite ones to foil, and you've really made them SHINE on both cards!! Loving how you cut the hearts out of the art deco foiled cardstock too...cool look! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

They are both absolutely stunning. I think we will all want hot foil machines now. I'm jealous! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Bonnie, these card are so beautiful. The gold just shines and those soft colors are beyond gorgeous together. Two wonderful designs too.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how I love these butterflies and I adore what you've done with them! These are beautiful, Bonnie!

Bobby said...

The butterflies just glow with the soft coloring and gold accentsd, Bonnie. I love the design of the slimline one with the hearts and the full panel with the full butterfly is magnificent. I can't wait to color mine when I get home.

Pat said...

I love the design of these two hot foil plates Bonnie and the beautiful colours of the watercoloured butterflies and a great matching cardstock for the three different sizes of hearts which you die cut for the first, and the full Art Deco plate and butterfly look fabulous on the second. x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous shiny Gold Foil accents, Bonnie. Looks like you had a great time playing with your new products. Both your cards are Stunning!!! TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

Beautiful foiling! Wonderful slimline layout! Love the colours for a "love" or Valentine card - nice to see something other than red or pink.

Nstiz said...

These are just gorgeous, Bonnie! Besides the foiling I just love your color combination! Those butterflies are exceptionally beautiful! Fabulous cards!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are amazing, Bonnie! You really mastered glimmer foiling! The watercolored butterflies are absolutely beautiful, and the hearts with gold foil lines are so unique and interesting!
Hideko xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Those foiled butterflies are so pretty. Love the colors you used. The full butterfly is stunning as is the foiled background.

kiwimeskreations said...

bonnie these are amazing - both of them are beautiful, and I love the glimmer of the foiling. Your colours are gorgeous too!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Bonnie said...

Your color choices and attention to the details really pays off on these beauties. The foiling system really creates perfect results.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my oh my! These PF butterflies are so beautiful, and with the gold foiling... sublime! Lovely soft coloring, pretty designs. I can see a bit of the Subtle in your photos and I know how great it looks in real. Both cards are gorgeous!

Loll said...

Two AMAZING cards, my friend! Gorgeous colours and design. The foiling is so beautiful. Looks like you had a wonderful play day with your friend. xx

BożenA said...

This butterfly looks gorgeous, Bonnie !! I love the watercolor coloring, so delicate and the golden glitter is really captivating. It seems that we all need a foil heating plate!
TWO beautiful cards, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BozenA

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie. The colors along with the foiling are just stunning.

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Bonnie, I love that art deco plate and your butterflies are stunning ♥

TK said...

Beautiful! These are so gorgeous, and use of the glimmer machine really highlights the lines

Trina P. said...

Both so pretty… and then you elevated them to gorgeousness with the shiny foiling. I have everything but the foil plates for this butterfly set… may have to do some shopping and complete the bundle. 😂

Heather said...

That hot foil does make very pretty butterflies even prettier!

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh my goodness Bonnie, your butterflies cards are just beautiful... the gold and soft pretty colours - stunning.. Robyn

Karen Day said...

Your colour combo is so pretty!

Prudence said...

Fabulous cards. Love the colours and the shine from the foils. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer