Saturday, February 12, 2022

Sponging Runoff

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I made a discovery lately that I thought I'd share.
You've probably already discovered it yourself.
Sometimes I'm slow to pick up on things!


We were adding sponging to the edges of a leaf flourish die cut at my last class.
I noticed that there was a really pretty pattern on the paper mat after the sponging.
So I decided to put a the die cut on a clean piece of cardstock in order to catch 
that pretty pattern.  It's masking, which isn't new, but it's like a bonus to another technique.

So I took some left over pieces that were sitting on the table, added some little gold
hearts and a stacked die cut to make another valentine.

Here you can see the shine of the gold better...


Challenges:
Tic Tac Toe - Used  middle row (Heart, Free, Stitching)

 





Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Wild Wasabi (SU)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Gold Foil
Other:  Stitched Rectangles Die (SSS), Simple Leaf Flourish (MFT), Heartfelt Die (PB), Heart Punches (SU), Frame Die (?)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You were very careful while sponging that image, Bonnie! Is it the die or the die cut piece you've sponged around for this wonderful 'marbled' image?
However you've managed it - it's wonderful and new to me! x
=]

Brenda in IN said...

A wonderful way to reuse things. This is so pretty and I love the gold frame. It made such a lovely background for your Valentine.

Barb Ghig said...

You're not slow to pick up on things at all, Bonnie! I LOVE this card so much...WOW! The effects of sponging the edges of your leaf flourish is so pretty and your double frame and hearts are so elegant!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, wow, what a great idea! I love the softness, the pop of red and all the glitzy gold together! This is beautiful, Bonnie!

Cat Craig said...

i love the hit of the image that comes through from your inking. Love collection of elements to make a fab card.

Leslie Miller said...

From now on I'll always assess my die cuts for this possibility whenever I'm sponging color on them. This is soooooo beautiful as a soft green backgropund for your gold elements. The one red heart is just the perfect touch of color.

Nstiz said...

What a delightful, eclectic design! This one really caught my eye! Love the red and gold on the soft stenciling. Beautiful card, Bonnie!

Susan said...

Well, you're not alone - I definitely hadn't discovered that trick! But now you've shown me how terrific it is, I'll give it a try! Love your combination of hearts and the double squares! A beautiful Valentine card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely result Bonnie = I often see the patterns, but generally there is too much else going on the paper to be able to use them... I must learn to be more intentional :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for sharing Bonnie as the effect is so pretty and I love the design of your beautiful card x.

Ros Crawford said...

Bonnie I've enjoyed scolling back to see your previous creation that I missed... you are so talented and I love this idea you came up with What a gorgeous card! Sorry I can't leave a comment on all posts, it's a little bit of a struggle right now. Sending hugs instead

Sandy said...

Beautiful design work Bonnie - such an attractive cad!
Sandy XX

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful discovery and it looks fabulous on this card with the lovely shiny gold xx

Marcia Hill said...

Well I'm even slower than you Bonnie, as I never thought of using the inked up paper as a background, but I love it!! Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and I sure will be looking at my paper a little differently now!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Great way to use the off-piece from sponging - it is soft and pretty, and makes a great background for your lovely gold die cuts. TFS

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...saving your masking turned out beautifully for a 2nd Valentine's Day card, Bonnie. I have never done that...will have to remember your little trick. TFS the Gorgeous shiny close up too. Love and Hugs and Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.

Christine Alexander said...

the image is so delicate, gorgeous effect ♥

Papercraft Boutique said...

The softly sponged leaf flourish is so beautiful with the shiny gold frames and hearts, Bonnie! I didn't think of using a die-cut for a mask. Thanks for sharing the technique!
Hideko xx

Nancy said...

Beautiful! I love the "whispy" look of the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

BożenA said...

How cleverly did you use a cut piece of a pattern to create this amazing background. Perfect for golden hearts and a Valentine's Day card.
xx