Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Happy Valentine's Day.

I hope you realize how much you're loved.

This is the card I made for my dear hubby.


I was so inspired by this card by Debbie Hughes of Lime Doodle and wanted to CASE it.

I didn't have the chickadee die but I had this sweet bird die from Penny Black in my
NBUS box.  I used a heart die in my stash and used an old embossing plate to add texture  
along with some Chunky White Frantage.

The Love was stamped and embossed on linen cardstock.  I'm not sure I'd do that
again but it works okay for this.

The bluebird was watercolored after it was die cut.  I love the texture in this die!

It's hard to see the trees that are dry embossed in the background.
Maybe you can see it in this photo.


Not really, but you can see the shine from the embossing better.

I added a leaf cut from a snippet of mixed media paper and finished off
the card with some gold Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I'd like to try some of Debbie's mixed media techniques, but that will
have to be for a different day.

Now for some Valentine chocolate!

Challenges:
Hand Stamped Sentiments - Inspiration Challenge #382





Card Recipe
Stamps:  So Much Love (SSS)
Ink:   Encore Gold, Abandoned Coral (DI), Textured White (?)
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches CP), Mixed Media (Strathmore), Smoky Slate (SU), Grout Gray (MFT)
Other:  Nestled Die (PB), Altenew Watercolors, Etched Laurel Leaves (SSS),   Sweet & Sassy Framelits (SU), Chunky White Frantage, Embossing Plate (Lil Inker OOB), So Much Love Die (SSS), Gold EP, Woodland EF (SU), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Bright Gold), 


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty! I love all the background details! We have loved seeing our bluebirds still hanging around this winter, at least four of them have stayed! And this would be a great entry at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! You should enter it there! Hugs to you, my Valentine friend!

Marcia Hill said...

Happy Valentine's Day Bonnie, and GORGEOUS card! Your sweet little blue bird steals the show, but I love the touches of gold, the background embossing, and that pink heart too! Hubby will love it! And thank you for the BEAUTIFUL birthday card and die cuts you sent...I LOVED both!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you Bonnie. I love your fabulous card with all those great details. TFS

Sandy said...

Love is in the air and so are Blue Birds! The Blue Bird of Happiness goes perfectly with your sentiment - Love the gold Nuvo drops.
Oh dear - I just realized that TODAY is Valentine's Day --- got all caught up in the Super Bowl!
Sandy xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card Bonnie. Perfect collection of bits.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you know how much I adore Bluebirds, so this is total perfection in my eyes! I even love the texture the linen adds to your gold heat embossed sentiment!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweetie!
=]

nancy littrell said...

TFS your beautiful Valentine Card, Bonnie and the link to Debbie's card. I love them both. Bruce will love his special card too. TFS your detailed description, my friend. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

Your bluebird is darling, I'll bet your hubby loved this! The linen look on your sentiment is eye catching and I love the sweet speckled stitched heart. Wonderful card!

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous, Bonnie - LOVE the look that the watercoloring brought to the die-cut bird after cutting - neat trick! All the extra little touches really sing for this - great design! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a lovely card! That is the cutest bird ever! Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

oldpunca said...

Fabulous Valentines card, Bonnie. I like the design. Bluebird is wonderful colored and color choice is great. The big sentiment is very nice and perfectly embossed.
Sonja

Susan said...

Such a lovely bird, Bonnie. And great layering of elements to add interest and texture. I'm with you - it's now time for some chocolate!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, this is so pretty, Bonnie! I do have a thing for bird dies and stamps. Your card turned out absolutely lovely. I took a peek at Debbie's card and can see how you couldn't help but be inspired. Swoon! Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. And a wonderful tribute to your sweet Bruce. Happy Valentine's day! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Happy Valentines day Bonnie, Your sweet little bird looks so happy perched on the heart :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Bonnie - love how you have used so many techniques and yet they all play together beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous Valentine's card, clearly made with love and loving all the attention to detail Bonnie x. Hope you enjoyed the chocolates? x.

Pat said...

What a terrific card for your hubby Bonnie, and I love the pretty bird and embossed heart he is sitting on, and the added leaves and embossed sentiment go beautifully. I like the texture the gold embossing has on the linen cardstock and you can see the lovely embossed trees in the background and the crystal drops are the perfect finishing touch. x

TK said...

Great texture and colors -- such a sweet card for your Valentine!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Lovely bluebird Valentine's card, Bonnie! I'm sure Bruce loved the card and you had a happy V-Day! :-) Coloring of the bird is beautiful and I love all the different textures you added!
Hideko xx

Stampin Expressions said...

What a sweet card for your husband! I love all the fun details! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at HSS!

BożenA said...

This is a very beautiful card to tell your beloved husband that you love him. This little bird is really beautiful and the die-cut stamps give it more detail. The embossing in the background is a tad noticeable, I'm sure it actually creates a beautiful context for this bird.
xx

Fiona said...

Such a lovely card - I bet your husband was thrilled to see the love and work that went into it. That bird is delightful and I love all the background details - I could see the trees once you'd pointed them out. Thanks for sharing with us at HSS this week.

Stampin With Leah said...

What a beautiful card for your hubby. So much detail and love went into its creation. I especially love the watercoloured bird.

Stampin by Genny said...

What a wonderful Valentine card for your hubby. I love all the texture you achieved throughout the card especially on the bird. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robyn Oliver said...

A sweet little Valentine's card for the special man in your life... it's gorgeous Bonnie, Robyn