Tuesday, August 30, 2022

African Daisies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I have finally been inspired to get this Paint a Flower African Daisies stamp out of NBUS.

I did a partial stamping on Altenew Watercolor paper with Warm Glow ink 
to get a no-line watercolor look.

It was disappointing that this watercolor paper wasn't like the paper in their 
Watercolor Coloring Book.  That's my favorite watercolor paper, but this comes
in a close second.

To color I used Altenew Watercolors and my waterbrush, then did a little 
touch up with my watercolor pencils. 

The actual frame is lighter brown than the photo shows.

That was fun.  I don't know what took me so long!

Challenges:
Altenew - Inspiration Challenge (see photo below)
NBUS #41 - Never Before Used Schtuff

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Paint a Flower African Daisy, Fragile Foliage (Alt)
Ink:   Warm Glow (GKD), Soft Suede (SU)
Paper:   Watercolor (Alt), Warm Cocoa (GKD), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Altenew Watercolor (Warm Sunshine, Autumn Blaze, Mocha), Linen Thread


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

24 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully designed and colored.

I Card Everyone said...

I don't know either, Bonnie! What a beautiful card! Love the neutral leaves!
=]

JoAnn said...

Your African Daisies are colored beautifully. I love the colors you used and the layout and design of your card. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully watercolored stamped African Daisy's, my friend. I Love your color combo:-) Wonderful CAS card design, Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous! The soft coloring is amazing on this. SO beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Bonnie, amazing water colouring love the mix of warm colours for your Daisies ♥

clelie said...

At first viewing, it took my breath away...absolutely Gorgeous!♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie - what gorgeous no-line watercoloring! So great you got to use some NBUS too!!

Kathyk said...

Great use of your NBUS - fab make

Kathyk

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Bonnie this is beautiful - love your colouring of the daisies!!
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

It may have taken awhile to get the set out and use it, but it was definitely worth the wait as this card is BEAUTIFUL Bonnie!! I love the earthy tones you used...lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

You always do such a beautiful job with no-line coloring, Bonnie. I love daisies so I doubt mine would be in the NBUS pile for long if I had this stamp. I love the colors you chose and the splatters just top it off.

Brenda in IN said...

Those colors are gorgeous and the watercoloring is beautiful. I'm always so jealous of your splatters.

Liz said...

Fabulous card Bonnie, the flowers are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

HilaryJane said...

It turned out beautifully, love those splatters and that bow. They are perfect finishing touches xx

Pat said...

Beautifully coloured daises Bonnie, and finished so prettily with the twine and the spattering..a fantastic card. x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Bonnie! I love the splatters and twine and that you chose brown to frame your design! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Your daisies are beautiful, Bonnie! It looks like a good stamp to watercolor. Love the splatters and the twine. The soft peachy-orange suggests fall because that's where my mind is going now that it's September, sigh.

TK said...

These daisies are fabulous! Wow -- the colors are just beautiful, Bonnie!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on this challenge! The coloring is so artsy and lovely! So glad that you join the fun with August Inspiration Challenge!

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing watercolouring of this gorgeous bouquet of daisies, Bonnie. Your colouring really brings the flowers to life. xx

Trina P. said...

So soft and pretty.. Your no line watercolouring is beautiful. Love it in these earthy tones. .

BożenA said...

I can't believe how many beautiful cards you've made since my last comment. You are a really creative artist, Bonnie.
I love these flowers, they are fantastically colored and you composed this card wonderfully!
xx