Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Checks and Christmas Trees

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When I turned the page of my calendar to August, I realized that I really need
to up my Christmas card stash.  This year is going by so fast that I'm 
afraid I'll wake up tomorrow and it will be time to send them!

I pulled out a NBUS die from Stamplorations and some
Christmas papers and here are a couple of outcomes.


When I saw the mood board at the Peace on Earth #20 Challenge, I remembered
this black and white checked paper in my stash.

Here's the board.  My inspiration is pretty easy to spot.


I also cut the tree from black foam so the tree has lots of dimension.

The stars and were punched from some Christmas plaid and I used a piece of
the plaid to mat the embossed snowflakes background.

The bling was added with the aid of some stickers.

And a Twofer....


This time I die cut the tree from some green plaid paper, and twice from 
green cardstock to give it body. I decorated it with gold stickers and 
added it to a new (NBUS), pin point snowflake background.

The gingham paper was in the same paper pack that the plaid was in.
(Sorry, those papers are so mixed up that I have no idea who made the paper.)

I pulled out a Glimmered Christmas sentiment to finish it off. 
(I like to keep a stash of these sentiments on hand.)

I did more with this tree, but I'll wait to post them later.

Or maybe you'll get one in the mail.

Challenges:
ABC Christmas - N is for New-O is for Old (Snowflake plate in new)
Peace on Earth #20 - ATG/Mood Board Inspiration
Krafty Chicks - Any Occasion (Christmas)
NBUS #41 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Tree Die & Snowflake plate)

  
 


Card Recipe
Stamps: Scribbly Christmas (TH) 
Ink:   Garden Green
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Patterned Paper
Other:  Christmas Icons-Christmas Tree #1 die (Stamplorations), Frosty Border EF (Darice), Star Punches, Star of Wonder Die (MB), Pinpoint Snowflake Plate (MB), Holiday Sentiments Glimmer Plate (Splbndrs), Gold Stickers (stash)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


26 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Wow..2 Fabulous die cut trees using gingham papers to add to your Christmas stash, Bonnie. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable pair of cards with gingham trees, Bonnie! Especially love the black/white one with the pop of red!!

Pat said...

Two beautiful Christmas trees Bonnie, and I love the pretty black gingham with the red plaid on the first, and then the beautiful green check with the gold trimmings on the tree and super star on the top. The year is simply flying and it is good to get them made with time to spare. x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Those are beautiful! I just love the black plaid with the red against the embossed background. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Darnell said...

That is a fun wonky Christmas tree die, Bonnie, and it looks amazing dressed up in these designs! I love the assortment of pp and adornments you used for each one and I can see how you could really get into decorating with this die and your stashes! I really need to get going with my CCs, too!😲 Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Christine Alexander said...

wow, love your die cut trees the plaid really pops and love the embossed background. I have that die and need to pull it out :)

Lynda said...

What a fun Christmas tree - love the colour schemes and the added plaid. http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/

Cat Craig said...

I have to say I love the warm homey feeling the checked papers give your cards, and I am absolutely loving that tree die.

I Card Everyone said...

Well, if these darlings don't make you bust out in song, I don't know what will! How cute is that die? The gingham check and plaids are such a great choice any way you decorate them!
LOve the new pinpoint, Bonnie - and the swirling snow embossing, too.
=]

designbydonna said...

I love the plaids and checks for the Christmas trees. I am especially a big fan of b/w check with red pops of color. Yours looks great with that embossed background.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Such gorgeous trees and I love the plaid and colours. Wonderful cards Bonnie.
Faith x

Bobby said...

I love the mod look of that tree die, Bonnie. It looks great in either plaid or checked and the bling and stars make them festive.

Brenda in IN said...

What a pretty embossing folder on the first card. I really like black, white and red and this is so great. But, then, I love that green and white too with the pinpoint snowflake plate.

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Bonnie. I love the wonky trees. Thank you for joining in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer. xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a cool Christmas tree die Bonnie and I'm loving it in both the black & white check and the green! Two lovely, lovely cards!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

What a cool die and your choice of papers really make this fun! Love both cards. As usual I went looking for the die and it's no longer available. It sure is a winner though especially with your design talent!

Loll said...

LOVE this tree die and it looks amazing with the checked/plaid papers. Two fun cards. I'm with you ... time to get serious about my Christmas cards. It will be here before we know it. xx

Aquarius said...

A brilliant and unusual Christmas Tree die - love the cards you've made

Leslie Miller said...

Bonnie, that die is so dang cute and I love it in both colors and styles! The first card really grabs me with the red stars on black checks and that pretty snowflake embossed panel. The pinpoint snowflake background on your second card is a cool die, and the sticker bling makes for an easy to mail card, which is exactly perfect for Christmas!

HilaryJane said...

That tree die is pretty special and it looks so good with the gingham papers. Love both of them xx

Susan said...

What a perfect take on the Peace on Earth mood board! Love your black and white gingham tree! Also love the way you've set it against the embossed swirl background. A great second card too with the green gingham background! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Diane said...

Both cards are fabulously fun!! What a awesome die too!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two fun and cute Christmas tree cards, Bonnie! It's a great idea to use the pretty plaid and gingham patterned paper for your Christmas trees! Now I started thinking that I may be able to use some of my dp for Christmas trees. Thanks for your inspiration, as always!
The snowflake dry embossed and debossed backgrounds add so much interest to the background!
Hideko xx

Wendy said...

WOW! I love that die and the designs that you created! Your embossing backgrounds on white added just the right touch to finish your lovely scenes. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Trina P. said...

These are so cute. The gingham is so fun!

BożenA said...

sed patterned paper so beautifully and adding gold stickers looks wonderful. Two stunning cards.
xx