Saturday, August 20, 2022

Lovely Lady

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I stamped this beautiful butterfly on vellum with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed.

When cool, I colored the backside with Copic Markers.

Did you know that if you're doing this technique and you don't like the colors,
you can use a bit of alcohol on a swab or your 0 Copic to remove the color?

I found that I could do this several times without ruining the vellum.

I used part of this flower stamp inking and spritzing with water for 
a place for this butterfly to visit.

Then I got a little carried away with the splatters.

Challenge:









Card Recipe
Stamps:  Together, Carefree Wishes, Butterfly Trio (PB)
Ink:   VersaMark, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Other:  White EP, Copic Markers, Sharpies


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

Nstiz said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! Love that flower and the dreamy look achieved. That butterfly looks incredible with the soft colors! This card really caught my eye!

I Card Everyone said...

You didn't get carried away with those splatters, Bonnie! Looks perfect as does this sweet little flutterby and flower.
Have a wonderful weekend!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful butterfly sitting on that pretty flower. I think the splatters look great and are not too many. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Seize the Birthday.

Bobby said...

I happen to love all those splatters, Bonnie. The flower is so pretty in pink and I think your lovely butterfly agrees.

Viv said...

Lovely card Bonnie - and in my opinion you can never have too many splatters! x

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie and is there really such a thing as too many splatters??!! Not in my mind!! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Pat said...

Such a wonderful vellum butterfly Bonnie and the soft more watery look to the flower is so pretty..a fantastic duo for this pretty card. x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh my, that's a beautiful butterfly, and he has found a lovely flower to visit. It looks like a fluff of cotton candy. So soft. I think your splatters are just right!

Christine Alexander said...

I never think to use velum and it's such a beautiful base for images. Love the card ♥

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful butterfly Bonnie, and so lovely to have such a pretty flower for it to visit
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

I love how you made this flower so soft and ethereal. No wonder that gorgeous butterfly dropped by. I like the black mat.

Susan said...

One of my favourite butterfly stamps! Love the soft colours you used!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! The watercolor-look of the flower matches the soft and pretty colors of the butterfly. I like the splatters. :-)
Thanks for sharing how to remove colors on vellum!
Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the playfulness the colorful splatters adds to this, Bonnie! It's a charming card!

Cat Craig said...

The vellum makes a perfect butterfly medium. LIght and airy and that puffy flower is a perfect landing spot.

Cathy said...

Love the vellum butterfly Bonnie, the spatters look fabulous too, pretty card, and thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Bonnie, This card totally caught my attention at Seize the Birthday! I love the butterfly but that flower...WOW! Great birthday card that is sure to make anyone feel special! Thanks for playing along!

Colleen said...

Bonnie, I was struck by that awesome flower! I love the soft pink and fluffiness of its bloom! Gorgeous butterfly too, good tip about removing the color on the back of the vellum! thanks for joining us at STB! We always love to see your cards in the gallery! Heart Hugs, col

Loll said...

So very pretty, Bonnie. I LOVE your gorgeous pink flower. Beautiful butterfly with the vellum wings. xx

Sandy said...

Pretty - I especially like the flower!!
Sandy xx

Trina P. said...

So pretty. Live that trick with rubbing alcohol, but it works better with thick vellum, which I need to get. 😂

Helen said...

So beautiful Bonnie. I love the pretty flower and the vellum butterfly is a great addition. I always love the way vellum lifts a project to another level. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Have a good day! :)