Saturday, August 27, 2022

Double Stamped Vellum and Pig Fairy Wand

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


Last week my friend Chrissie (Simply One of a Kind) did a tutorial for
Splitcoaststampers.  I had watched her videos before and this gave me just the 
push to try this technique and use it for my demo at Craft Group this month.

Simply put, you stamp on the front of your vellum piece with an embossing
ink and heat emboss.  When it's cool, you turn it over and stamp with a color
on the backside.

I'll warn you.  The technique is like eating a potato chip.  You want to keep
trying different stamps!  Some worked well.  Others did not but I sure had
a fun time trying different stamps out.

I think this was my favorite.

If you'd like to watch Chrissie's videos you can go here and here.
If you'd like to see a written tutorial, you can see it here.

On a more whimsical note...

Our swap was to be something with farm animals.  Here's what I did for my swaps...


A close up


Years ago, 2012 to be exact, I saw this idea on Bernie's blog (Bernie's Craft Closet).
Sadly Bernie lost her battle with cancer in 2013.

I had saved this pig fairy digital image about the same time and was
excited to be able to put my hands on it.  I think the digital company has ceased
to exist because I couldn't find it online. 

The gals loved the Pig Fairy Wands and everyone is hoping they work!
They enjoyed the technique too and each one made several.


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene (PB), Tiny Sayings (Ali)
Ink:   VersaMark, Old Olive
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Vellum Cardstock (SU)
Other:  Stitched Rectangles Dies (SSS), Airy Die (PB)

Recipe (Pig Fairy Wand)
Stamps:  Digital Pig Fairy (company out of business)
Sentiment:  Computer Generated
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Glitter Paper (SU & MB)
Other:  Copics (RV000, RV00, RV52, B0000), Scallop Diamond Tags (PPP), Skewers, Ribbon, Silver Twine (stash)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

22 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Any technique that starts with a slip of vellum is going to be a winner - so is your card, Bonnie! So very lovely!
Oh boy, I could have used one of those darling Pig-fairy wands over the dessert I brought to Marcia's this week!! But isn't it true that calories only count when you count them?
You do have such fun! I'll bet Bernie is smiling, too!
=]

JoAnn said...

What a great technique on your lovely card. Love those whispy leaves.
Those pig fairy wands are adorable, I just love them.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your card with the beautiful embossing and die cut. I have also seen Chrissie's tutorial AND I also did pig wands in Nov 2012 with Bernie's help, what a small world.
Faith x

Bobby said...

So soft and pretty, Bonnie. I watched the video and now I have to go looking for a stamp to use. I may have to wait unti I get home.
When I saw the title of your post I did a double take. Pig Fairy Wands? Then I saw them and they are adorable. I don't worry too much about calories but I love the idea.

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Bonnie...I LOVE Your Double Stamped Vellum technique...Gorgeous card! I have been wanting to try this technique after seeing Chrissie's wonderful video and the step by step photos on SCS:-) I loved your choice of stamped leaves and die cut leaves for your finished card. TFS and always inspiring me with new techniques. Your class must have LOVED your card and your adorable piggy wands:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Sandy said...

Very attractive but way above my play grade!
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

I love this card and want to try this. Adding the extra branch is a genius design element. That pig fairy wand is so fun. Does it work?

Lisa Elton said...

I might just have to give this technique a try! You've intrigued me with your pretty card, Bonnie! The pig fairy wands are adorable. Let me know if they work, I do have a thing for ice-cream!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this double stamped vellum card is fantastic, Bonnie! When I saw the technique on Splitcoaststampers last week, I wanted to try the technique. I'm glad to see another beautiful example! The die-cut branches match perfectly the stamped images. Thanks for sharing the links to Chrissie's tutorial videos!
The pig-fairy wands are so cute and fun! If they can erase any sugar I take, I would buy dozens of them!!
Hideko xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love those Piggy Wands, and the fabulous 'instructions' that go with it!!
Your card is amazing - I am off to see the tutorials :) Not sure that I am not about to be addicted to another technique
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Your double stamped vellum card is SOOOOOO pretty Bonnie...LOVE it!! And your piggy calorie reducing wand is FABULOUS!! I bet your group LOVED receiving this! Sweet post my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

You never fail to make the most beautiful cards, Bonnie! You can take any technique and make it dreamy. So lovely! I'm totally smitten with your fairy wands, too! These would have been SO FUN for my monthly ladies lunch. I would love to start that up again someday, sigh...

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your take on that vellum technique, Bonnie - I'll have to give it a go! And your pig wands are darling!!

HilaryJane said...

I have yet to have a go at this technique, but have enjoyed seeing what others come up with. this one is so pretty, love how you have extended the branch outside the frame. Clever idea. What a lovely was to remember your friend too xx

Cat Craig said...

I've been seeing a lot of this technique on facebook...Chrissy's influence is all over, and it makes for gorgeous cas cards because that little snippet of velllum is packed with interest. Love you choice of stamp and you beautifully executed the technique. Love the wand too!

Loll said...

Gorgeous double stamped vellum, Bonnie. I agree ... it is addictive!! Love the piggies with the wand ... so fun!! xx

Linda said...

Bonnie, beautiful card using the vellum. Love the white on white and the soft touch of the green.

Darnell said...

What a fun post, Bonnie. I have to start with the pig fairy wands. I actually remember them from Bernie and I just revisited her blog last week when I went through my whole reading list. Since then we've lost too many other friends and it's hard thinking about it. So you making her wands for your craft group and posting them was the reminder I needed of all the good and fun and inspiring times we have all had - and will continue to have!

And I love your take on Chrissie's sensational vellum technique! I put it to the top of my things to try list and seeing your beautiful leafy card makes me want to stay up into the night and just DO IT! You are so good about getting right to work on what's current! Love, Dolly

Ida said...

Very nice card. That technique looks really cool. I may have to give it a try. Also your little Piggy Wands are adorable.

Nstiz said...

What a fun technique. Love the results of this. I may have to try it. This is beautifully designed. And who would not love those little pig fairies. What a fun idea!

TK said...

Wonderful card, Bonnie, and a great new technique! Your wands are pretty fun too

Trina P. said...

Thanks for sharing the awesome technique! It resulted in a fabulous card… so elegant.