Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Blue Christmas

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


When I saw the mood board at the Peace on Earth challenge, I knew I wanted
to use my Tim Holtz Woodlands die.

I die cut the largest tree from Glimmer Paper and used tape behind to
keep the little pieces intact.  I die cut again to add thickness to the tree.

I had these pretty blue gems in my stash the worked perfectly for ornaments.

Challenges:
Christmas Kickstart #65 - Never in a Nativity
Peace on Earth #21 - ATG Christmas (Inspired by Mood Board below)

  




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Season's Gifts (PB)
Ink:   Dapper Denim
Paper:   Dapper Denim, Neenah Solar White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer
Other:  Woodlands Die (TH), Subtle EF (ret SU), Gems (?)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

21 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very beautiful Bonnie. Love the sparkle of the tree.
Faith x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. That white sparkly tree with the blue gems is so pretty.

Darlene said...

OH my friend, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a clever design ... very inspiring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sandy said...

Full of joy and so very pretty!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! It reminds me of the aluminum trees people had back in the day.

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful time to bring out that glimmer paper, Bonnie! What a stunning card! Those gems are the perfect sizes for your ornaments!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

The tree is gorgeous and those blue gems just shine against the sparkle of the tree.

Susan said...

What a wonderful take on the image of the white Christmas tree on our Peace on Earth mood board! Love your sparkly white tree and the beautiful blue "ornaments" - such an elegant card! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Leslie Miller said...

Another gorgeous blue & white Christmas card! You're on a roll! Love all the sparkle and shine on this. Those gems make for a beautifully decorated tree!

Nstiz said...

That is my all time favorite die and I never thought of using it like that. How gorgeous in glimmer paper topped with blue gems. I always love the texture you add to your background too!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie. Love the frostyness of the tree and the blue gems are fabulous as ornaments.

Marcia Hill said...

How pretty is this Bonnie??!! I love that you left all the pieces in the tree (as opposed to punching them out) and die cutting it with sparkling cardstock...reminds me of my aunts white Christmas tree with the blue ornaments and blue lights she had when I was growing up. (She's 93 now and only puts up a small ceramic tree these days.) Love the blue gems too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your tree! It's so glitzy and glamorous! Pretty card, Bonnie!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful effect with the glitter paper and the gems Awesome card and thanks for the inspiration to use that die as I have it in my stash and haven't used it in a long time.

kiwimeskreations said...

Exquisite work Bonnie - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Your silver tree is so pretty ... and the blue gems give it even more sparkle and shine. Lovely card, my friend! xx

Pat said...

Such a beautiful white glittery die cut tree and with some pretty blue gems Bonnie and the background dark blue card shows it off brilliantly..a wonderful card. x

Papercraft Boutique said...

This blue Christmas card is so beautiful, Bonnie! The sparkle of the white glittery tree and the shine of the blue gems are just amazing! I never thought of using the TH woodlands die this way. You're so inspiring!
Hideko xx

Dotty Jo said...

Such a gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the CAS look and fabulous colour choice. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous sparkly white tree with the blue gems, Bonnie - love it!!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous! Love the colour! 💙