Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Chocolate Mint

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I'm busy preparing for our Craft Group meeting this week.  I'm doing the demo so it's
extra busy.  I'll be sharing some of the designs for the demo and my swaps later
this week.

I did take some time out to do a card for the Color Hues Challenge of
Chocolate and Mint.

My first instinct was to go with ice cream but this stamp was laying on the table
and an idea formed.

I stamped this image with Chocolate Chip ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

I should have waited to color with a Distress Marker because the butterfly
smeared.  So I set it aside until the next day and stamped another butterfly,
heat embossed and let it sit while I colored the rest of the image by
picking up color swiped on my palette. 

This time the butterfly didn't get a chocolatey smear and after he was
colored, I fussy cut him out to pop over the uh-oh.


Challenges:
Color Hues #47 - Chocolate and Mint


We've had some visitors to our lantana blooms.




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Botanical Notes (PB)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Twisted Citron DOX
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Natural
Other:  Elegant Stitching Frames Die (PB), Clear EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Would never have known you had an oops on this card Bonnie as it's absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love the stamped image you used, and your water coloring is perfect...yes, even the butterfly!! BEAUTIFUL card my friend! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

You had me at the title...and then I saw the card! Amazing! Wonderful!

Nstiz said...

A WOW card, Bonnie! I have this stamp and never saw it done this beautifully! Outstanding coloring too! I definitely need to attend one of your classes and observe your process.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Love this stamped image. Great save with the butterfly. You could never tell you had an uh-oh. TFS

Nancy said...

Magnolias are such pretty flowers and you have colored this so perfectly, Bonnie! Such a great card! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues and for making my color combo shine!

Sandy said...

I must admit I seem to be icky picky and I am not easy to please when card making. But I have to tell you, I was wowed with this card. It's new and refreshing to see something this unique!
I really do like it Bonnie. Did I say like? I love it!!!!
Sandy xx

Bobby said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie, and the 'extra' butterfly gives a little dimension to an already perfect card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love that image but especially in the mint and chocolate scheme, Bonnie! Great save on the boo-boo too!!

Cat Craig said...

I absoluely love how you’ve chosen to use the colors. So pretty.

HilaryJane said...

This has turned out so well, really classy. I shall look forward to seeing more of your designs later this week xx

I Card Everyone said...

For some reason these colors haven't yet grabbed me - but your gorgeous flowers sure do show how beautiful they can be for florals, Bonnie!
Such a beautiful card!
=]

Nstiz said...

WOW! I have that stamp and never have I seen it done more beautifully than this. I hope I still have it to do it like you did. Beautifully painted and curious how you painted white on the blossom. This is just incredible, Bonnie and worthy of framing!

Trina P. said...

Great save! Beautiful card using the colour duo.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you saved your boo boo, Bonnie! This is a gorgeous card!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Love the Chocolate & Mint color combo, and your beautiful coloring of the delicate images. Nobody would guess you had a uh-oh moment!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

amazing card, love that colour combo and your butterfly looks amazing popped up ♥

Susan said...

Love the way you used the colours! And the fussy cut butterfly is a great solution to the smudge!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Chocolate Mint stamped and colored collage image, Bonnie. You are reminding me of Chocolate Mint ice cream that is delicious...but only around at Christmas time by our local ice cream company..Umpqua Ice Cream. Yum! I love how you ended up restamping and fussy cutting your butterfly, which added a nice detail to your stamped image. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Have fun at your class..I am looking forward to more of your beautifully designed cards:-)

Pat said...

I love the pretty flowers Bonnie and the pretty mint green and brown inky outlines are so beautiful..a very elegant card, and love the wonderful ornate edge to the frame too. x

Loll said...

I LOVE your image ... so perfect down in brown and green, Bonnie! I love that you had a smear, because the popped up butterfly really is striking being popped up. xx

Leslie Miller said...

A gorgeous stamp and, wowie, you are extremely clever to think of this for the chocolate and mint colors. It's just the most beautiful and calming image. I'm glad you were able to save it with a new butterfly. It can be hard to wait. So lovely, Bonnie!

Karen said...

This is just beautiful! And your "Oops" provided some wonderful dimension in the end! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

What a lovely vintage-y image this is, Bonnie! Your chocolate and mint coloring suit it so well and I love the extra-dimensional butterfly! Hugs, Dolly

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is exquisite - love the popped up butterfly - a fabulous save of your uh-oh!! Such a gorgeous image and you have coloured it to perfection - that white flower is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

A beautiful stamp and gorgeous coloring. Great way to save by adding a new butterfly overlay.

TK said...

Wow, this is stunning!!! Love this card, Bonnie, and a super kudos for saving the card - it's beautiful

Ida said...

This is beautiful. Loving the colors and the beautiful popped up butterfly.

BożenA said...

It is a card that attracts attention and stays in your memory. The colors are perfect, the chocolate and the mint ... I would never use them, but as you can see this is the best possible choice