Monday, January 15, 2024

Birthday Hearts

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

January is already half over! The time seems to fly by!

Today's cards use the Spellbinders December Club's  3D embossing folder.


This folder will emboss two different patterns at the same time.

My classes this month are mainly for Valentine's Day but several of the stampers
don't have much need for valentines so I like to try to give them good options
for other occasions too.  Both work great for a birthday.

They are both embossed on Fresh Freesia cardstock and lightly daubed with
white and Fresh Freesia ink.

Some gold die cut and stamped sentiments and tiny punched circles from the scraps
of gold cardstock add some elegance.



On this one, I used a white gel pen in the center of some of the flowers.




Challenges:
NBUS #58 - Never Before Used Schtuff (new EF)
Seize the Birthday #275 - Birthday card with option of Dry & Wet Embossing

 
 






Card Recipe
Stamps:  All Occasions (Jane's Doodles)
Ink:   Whisper White, Fresh Freesia
Paper:   Fresh Freesia, Gold Foil, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Two Hearts as One 3D EF (SPL), Happy Die (Paper Roses), Happy Birthday Poe Script Die (PS), Gold EP, White Gel Pen


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

23 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are stunning, love the embossing on both with the gold. x

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the detail on each one. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

I've always loved these embossing folders that leave a little blank space for a message - Valentine, or birthday!
But wow, Bonnie - that floral heart is a beauty! LOve the color!
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

Two gorgeous cards Bonnie. I'm amazed at a folder that embosses two patterns at the same time! Perhaps they'll come up with one that makes a nice cup of tea as well next time!! Vicky x

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie! I'm intrigued by the embossing folder that does both designs...how fun to get two different designs with the same folder! Love the color too! Lovely, lovely cards for Valentine birthdays or even just birthdays for someone you love!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Wow, I did not expect two totally different designs only maybe that the second was the middle, maybe a sentiment or something! Either way, both of your cards are beautiful and what a wonderful color cardstock - pretty

Brenda in IN said...

These are gorgeous. How does it know to do that!

Bobby said...

The gold accents add a touch of elegance to those beautiful lavender cards, Bonnie.

BożenA said...

Great project, Bonnie. I love the gradation of the purple color. Darkened in places, whitened in other areas. It looks stunning and it's definitely worth using this idea. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration, my dear Bonnie.
hugs,
BożenA

Bonnie said...

Your creations do so inspire, and so clever to offer your attendees alternatives to Valentines.

Pat said...

Two beautifully embossed looks Bonnie, and love the flowers, and then the embossed floral heart and the heart lattice is so pretty in the background. I love the added inking on both which brings out certain elementsin each of them, and the gold sentiments work equally well on both. x

HilaryJane said...

Gorgeous, I love that colour xx

Loll said...

LOVE the colour of these cards Bonnie. The two inks really bring the design forward and make it even more special. xx

Colleen said...

Bonnie, your cards are gorgeous. And thank you for sharing the birthday card with us at STB! We always love seeing your creations!

JulieP said...

WOW! I'm not a fan of purples (ask anyone....I'm pretty vocal about it. LOL!) however this pair of cards are stunningly beautiful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday Bonnie!

Lisa Elton said...

Both are lovely in this fabulous shade of lilac, Bonnie! The gold adds a wonderful elegance to them too!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, love the embossing and two for one??? Cool.

Nstiz said...

How incredibly beautiful both your cards are and love the color. I also love your technique with the white ink over dry embossing, something I haven't done. I'd have a mess but yours is done so perfectly. Two gorgeous cards, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Two beautiful dry embossed cards birthday cards, Bonnie. I loved how you finished your cards with beautiful sentiments, my friend. TFS Love and hugs...Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

such a pretty effect by daubing white and colour on the embossed surface. I need to give this another go :)

Leslie Miller said...

What pretty embossing and I love the color! The bits of gold on one and white dots on the other are wonderfully effective accents. I know your group had fun with these!

Trina P. said...

The option of two different embossed designs is so cool. Both cards are beautiful.

Nancy said...

I got this folder too as I though it was so pretty! Both of your cards are gorgeous and I love that you made them birthday cards! Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday and I hope you are surviving the cold. Take care!