Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Blue Daisies

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I am still having fun playing my my Betterpress system.  I love the crisp images!


This is such a large image and perfect for a slimline card.  In this case it's a
Monarch 3 1/2" by 8 1/2" card.

I used the colors for the Color Hues Challenge where my friend Marcia
chose light blue and navy.

Jack and family gave me a new set of alcohol markers for Christmas.  They come from 
Amazon and the brand in Ohuhu.  So far I am really liking them.  Jack brought his 
pastel color markersto share and I used both his set and mine to get the two shades of blue.
 
I used some gray colors for the stems and leaves and added a bit of blue to them.

I did some splatters to finish it off.  I found that a drop of reinker on an old acrylic
block and flicked off with a wet brush worked great.

I didn't add a sentiment because my friend saw this card and told me multiple times
that she would frame it and it would be perfect between her mirrors.  Needless to say,
she will be getting this card.

Challenges:
Color Hues #78 - Light Blue and Navy
NBUS #58 - Never Before Used Schtuff

 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Betterpress Black
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Night of Navy, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Wild Daisies Press plate (Alt), Ohuhu Alcohol Markers (Pale Blue, Lt Blue, Royal Blue, Warm Gray 3 & 4, Caran D'ache Supracolor Pencil Night Blue, Slim Diagonal Stitch Die (PFS), White Gouache Paint, Night of Navy Re-inker


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

31 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love your blue daisies, Bonnie - the slimline format is perfect to showcase this large image! And how fun that you and Jack can trade markers! You've inspired me to pull out my new daisies too :)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie! You've used the shades of blue perfectly on these lovely pressed plate flowers and I'm so glad to hear you're having fun with the Better Press system! And how fun too that you and Jack are sharing markers...they sure worked great on this slimline card!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

So gorgeous, Bonnie! Isn't it sad that the photos don't show that wonderful impression the press makes? But I know it's there! Lovely shades of blue - I've heard good things about those Ohuhu markers, and it seems they blended beautifully with Jack's! [of course, you know I love the grey leaves!]
=]

Bobby said...

That image was made for a slimline card, Bonnie, and your new markers colored it beautifully. My daughter often says to leave off the sentiment because the cards are worth framing. This one definitely is and your friend will be thrilled.

LeAnne said...

This is just beautiful! You had me at blue...and those little speckles are so sweet!

Julie B said...

As the others have said this spray of flowers works perfectly with the slimline card design. The use of the greyish blue leaves works well keeping it well in the Color Hues range! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues. :)

Cat Craig said...

Lovely image for the slimline. The blues work so well with the image as well.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. Love those gorgeous flowers done in shades of blue! xx

Pat said...

Beautiful use of the new alcohol markers Bonnie, and love the blues with the greys, and such a pretty slimline shape for the card. A really lovely Christmas pressent too. x

Cindy Beach said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I would want to frame it too! So glad you are enjoying your new stuff!

Leslie Miller said...

I love when such a beautiful card finds a good home! You sure did a nice job with those markers!

BożenA said...

Amazing color combination! It feels like these daisies are dancing on your card. Beautiful slim card in stunning coloring.
xx

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Nstiz said...

WOW on your coloring! The colors and shading just caught my eye! What a fantastic job you did on this. I LOVE it!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautifully coloured image. I'm going to have to check out more of the betterpress images :)

Lisa Elton said...

Your friend has the right idea, this beautiful work of idea is worthy of framing!!

Susan said...

Beautiful image! Love the colours you used - that dark blue is fabulous!

TK said...

Definitely gorgeous, and so understandable that your friend would want to frame it! Love the colors at Color Hues!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is beautiful - love your use of the challenge colours!
Blessings
Maxine

Sandy said...

Nice - this is the prettiest shade of blue!
Sandy xx

Sandy said...

After seeing your beautiful card, I had to investigate the Betterpress system.
Decided not for me - I have enough paper and stamps to sink a battle ship! You must need a separate house to keep all of the supplies that you use for card making!!
Sandy xx

Brenda in IN said...

This blend of blues is beautiful. I guess I need to check out the Betterpress System. Your cards made with it are so beautiful. I love that Jack is so into art and is so good at it.

Viv said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. x

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful card and wonderful colouring and splatters. I have heard very good things about the Ohuhu markers. What a great Christmas present xx

Karen said...

This is absolutely stunning! And it is so perfect for a slimline card. Not only is the pressplate gorgeous, but so is your coloring! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Izzy Scrap said...

WOW ! What a stunning card Bonnie. These blooms looks so beautiful in blue and on the slimline format. Love it !

Nancy said...

Bonne, I can see why your friend wants to frame this! It is so very pretty! I love that you added a touch of blue to the leaves as well. Awesome job with the colors and thanks for playing at Color Hues. Sounds like you got spoiled like I did at Christmas with new craft goodies!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It'll look fabulous in a frame as your friend wants. x

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous! This plate is on my wish list.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous floral image Bonnie and perfect in these moody blues! Your friend will be delighted! Vicky x

JoAnn said...

Don't know how I missed your beautiful blue daisies. Your card is lovely and so is your coloring.