Monday, January 29, 2024

Holiday Cheer

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I found this poinsettia in my UFO box.  It wasn't my best stab at watercoloring,
but I just couldn't toss it.

The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches gave me an idea...


You can see the sketch below and I think this works.

Some stamped splatters and gold foil dots helped too.

It's all mounted on a piece of the back of a Mixed Media pad that was A-6 size, then
on a folded piece of Neenah Solar White.

Challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches #620 - (Sketch by Jaquie)
Peace on Earth #56 - Inspired by top Right
Edited to add thanks to Jo's reminder
Christmas Kickstart #82 - Midas Touch of Gold







Card Recipe
Stamps:  Scarlet Majesty (PB), Splatter Stamp
Ink:   Festive Berries, Barn Door, Faded Jeans
Paper:   Mixed Media, Gold Foil, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Perfect Sentiments Holiday Foil Plate (PFS), Gold Foil, 1/8" & 1/16" Punch, Stitched Circle Die (Lil Inker), Infinity Circles (HA)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

28 comments:

LeAnne said...

You turned that UFO into something stunning! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

I see that sketch, and think you're being too hard on yourself, Bonnie! Your Poinsettia painting is beautiful!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous watercolored poinsettia, Bonnie - just love how you matted it with the gold circle!!

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous creation with your UFO! The pops of gold mean this card would fit right in at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Bonnie, Jo x

Sandy said...

So pretty!!! I need to start on my Christmas cards but I am still working on a kazillon Valentines!
Sandy xx

Marcia Hill said...

A FABULOUS save my friend...CAS perfection!! Hugs. :0)

Darnell said...

I'm glad you didn't toss this, Bon! I love the dreamy no-line watercoloring and how you composed it inside a gold-rimmed circle! Hugs, Dolly

Bobby said...

You turned what you thought was meh into something magnificent, Bonnie.

Loll said...

Your poinsettia is beautifully watercoloured Bonnie. Great work!! Love it for this sketch! xx

Pat said...

I think this is a beautiful poinsettia Bonnie and love the gold foil details. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colouring and design. x

Susan said...

Bonnie, I think it's a great example of loose watercolouring (something I'm hopeless at!). It looks lovely set in the gold circle.

Lisa Elton said...

You water colored poinsettia looks fabulous! This is a pretty card, Bonnie!

Ida said...

This is very pretty. A nice CAS design but the gold gives it an added pop of pizazz.

JoAnn said...

Glad you didn't toss this lovely watercolored image. You put in to great use with the sketch, it is beautiful. The gold mat is just the right touch.

Jacquie Southas said...

That gorgeous poinsettia was just waiting for the right sketch to come along! Simply perfect design, Bonnie. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

BożenA said...

So beautiful! I love the beautiful watercolor flower framed in a gold round frame. Wonderful CAS card.
xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. The flower is so pretty framed with gold.
Liz xx

Nstiz said...

Beautifully done! I loved working with that stamp but it took me forever. LOVE how you framed this too- what a great idea if I mess up a small part of it (which happens regularly). Wonderful card!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! Your watercoloured poinsettia is fabulous and the touches of gold add so much elegance. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

TK said...

VERY pretty - your gold framing helped this poinsettia pop right off the page!

Christine Alexander said...

I love the loose watercolour effect, I always struggle with that :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful use of the image, which looks pretty good to me, and the sketch to create a stunning card Bonnie.
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Good think you didn't let it go...card is gorgeous.

Trina P. said...

Good thing you didn’t toss it. I don’t see how your watercoloring didn’t work because it’s beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

To my eyes it looks gorgeous. I love the soft, dreamy look with the gold. Your UFO box came through again!

Diane said...

Well, I think it is downright gorgeous and the gold sets it off beautifully!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Dawn H said...

I just love your poinsettia! Beautiful.