Saturday, January 6, 2024

New Toy

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I must have been good in 2023 because Santa brought me a
Betterpress System for Christmas.  He brought me some extra plates too.


For my first try I used the plate that came with the system.

It was so easy to use and I LOVE the crisp inky look.

I used some Distress ink to color the flowers and used a sentiment plate
to press the sentiment directly onto the background.  The sentiment set comes
with dies too.


My coloring is a CASE of the sample at Spellbinders.

I think I'm going to really love this system!

The hardest thing will be not to want to buy all the beautiful plates!

Challenges:
NBUS #58:  Never Before Used Schtuff
Triple B - Birds, Butterflies and Blooms (I have birds and blooms)

  







Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   Betterpress Black (Spl), Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint (DI)
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Black, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Betterpress Starter Set, Little Message Sentiments Press Plates, Nuvo Crystal Drops (White)

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Simple Strips Background (Taylored Expressions
Ink:   Betterpress Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Betterpress Porcelain, Neenah Solar White
Other: Diamond Aviary Press plate, Black Sharpie, Zigs CCRBM ( 303 Shadow Mauve, 21 Lt. Carmine, 37 Cornflower, 45 Pale Green, 50 Yellow, 67 Mustard), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (229 DK Green, 89 Dk Carmine, 26 Blue)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I have a few plates you can share, Bonnie! OH, I am so happy you like your new toy!
Gorgeous coloring and beautiful plates today!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

Santa was so good to you! This is lovely, so bright and so much detail. I can't wait to see all your creations.

JoAnn said...

Santa was good to you and your cards are beautiful. Your coloring is fabulous on each one.

Loll said...

The plates make beautiful impressions and you've coloured both cards so beautifully Bonnie. Always fun to have a new toy! :) xx

Marcia Hill said...

I just knew you'd love the BetterPress system Bonnie, and your 2 cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Don't you just LOVE the deep impression you get?! If you ever see any of the press plates I have that like, just let me know and I'd be happy to press some for you! Hugs. :0)

BożenA said...

You should definitely get such a nice gift. Not only were you polite, but you also always supported us on our blogs with great friendship. I am very glad that you received a gift that made you happy. And I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
Both cards are amazing. I especially love the first card with the beautiful colored flowers.
Big hugs,
BożenA

HilaryJane said...

They are both beautiful. Don't you just love the detail you get from this system? Your colouring is amazing. i will get round to sharing some of my makes eventually xx

Bobby said...

I'm so glad Santa brought you such a great gift, Bonnie. The yellow flowers are gorgeous and you know I love anything with a bird on it.

Susan said...

Lovely images on both cards and great watercolouring! And lucky you getting the Better Press for Christmas! I'm avoiding buying it as I have no more room and I don't want a whole other system of stuff to buy, but I do really like the results it gives!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great gift, Bonnie - lucky you! I had to buy my own & like you am having trouble limiting my plate purchases! Have you checked out Altenew's yet? Love!

Anyway, gorgeous coloring on your pair of cards - that blue bird is so sweet and I love your yellow flowers too!!

Nstiz said...

Beautiful coloring on these, Bonnie and Lucky you to get new toys. What a wonderful gift! It's always fun to try new things. I'd love to be in your craft room playing!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

The images are beautiful and so is your coloring. I've seen some Betterpress cards in person and the effect is really nice. I've been holding off. There is always something new coming down the pike. What fun that Santa was good enough to bring you this awesome new toy!

TK said...

Your card is beautiful, the image is gorgeous and I'm sure even more-so IRL! Great coloring, Bonnie, and I'm so glad you're enjoying your new gift. And yes, buying 'all the things' seems to be the downside of our hobby - lol

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards using the Betterpress, a really lovely Christmas present and the crisply impressed look you got using these two images is fabulous Bonnie. x

Lisa Elton said...

Wow are these ever gorgeous!!

nancy littrell said...

Oh my...The perfect Christmas Gift, Bonnie:-) Your pressed images are so Beautifully colored and I Love your CAS designs. I look forward to more of your beauties and so appreciate that your are always so generous to share your talents. Love and Hugs, dear friend...Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

what a great Christmas gift, don't you just love the effect of the Betterpress when it stamps. Love both cards ♥

Carole said...

Not sure what a betterpress is but your cards are beautiful....I am away to investigate...not that I need another thing in my craft room! xx

Cat Craig said...

How fun to get a new toy. Your cards are fabulous Bonnie. Looking forward to seeing more new creations.

Sarn said...

No idea what a Better Press is . . . but your cards look STUNNING! Of course you were on the Nice List! xxx

Colleen said...

Bonnie, it doesn't surprise me that you have been a good girl and for sure you so deserve this new toy and it looks like you are totally into it and creating masterpieces! I look forward to seeing more from you!!

Darlene said...

Your cards are both just BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

JD/ Jill said...

So Lovely and great coloring!

Trina P. said...

Both so beautiful! I bought the BP when it first came out in June and I just got around to using it this week! So simple with amazing results.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous gift Bonnie and you're already turning out gorgeous designs with it! Looking forward to see what else you make with your press. Vicky x

Darnell said...

Oooh, you were a good girl, Bon! I don't know much about this new-fangled gadget, but your cards are very sharp and, as usual, so professionally colored! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Dolly