Thursday, January 11, 2024

Sympathy

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Sadly, I needed a sympathy card.


This embossed and colored piece was in my UFO box. 
I don't remember what inks I used but I remember using Simon's Detail Round
Blending Brushes.  They worked great!

I need to put more UFOs on cards.  The box is overflowing!

Challenges:
Can You Handle the Pressure - ATG using embossing folder (die not use the option of winter)

 






Card Recipe
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (PTI)
Ink:   Crumb Cake
Paper:   Neenah Natural, MFT Natural
Other:  Vine Canopy 3D EF (SSS), Detail Round Blending Brushes (SSS)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

18 comments:

JoAnn said...

Lovely sympathy card. Sorry you needed one.

Brenda in IN said...

I love this embossing folder and the colors you used over it. I'm so happy e/f have made their way back to the forefront. They are so versatile and add so much to a card as a background or by itself with a sentiment.

I Card Everyone said...

awww, Bonnie - I'm sorry to hear one was needed but know that this beauty will bring comfort to the recipient.

I just love that embossing folder! I never thought to color it - you clever girl!
=]

Bobby said...

That folder is so soft and pretty the way you colored it, Bonnie. Beautiful card that will lift the spirits of the recipient.

BożenA said...

I'm sorry you lost someone close to you. It's so sad when our friends leave. This card will surely convey your sympathy and support to the bereaved.
hugs,
BożenA

Pat said...

This is very pretty and the brushes brought the detail out beautifully Bonnie, and although we wish not to have to use one, this is perfect. x

Leslie Miller said...

If this is any indication you certainly do have some pretty UFOs! They definitely need to be put on cards. I know how quickly they pile up. This is lovely, Bonnie. I'm sorry you needed a sympathy card.

HilaryJane said...

Love the ink blending. You have made that embossing look extra special xx

Trina P. said...

Sorry that you needed a sympathy card. It’s so pretty. I’m always amazed at what’s in your UFO box.

Lisa Elton said...

Your lovley card is sure to bring comfort, Bonnie. The soft colors are wonderful.

nancy littrell said...

Your card is filled with Love and Caring and will so appreciated,Bonnie. Loved your coloring using Detail Round Blending Brushes. TFS and sorry for the Loss of your dear friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

TK said...

So sorry for the need but your card is beautiful and will be loved!

Loll said...

Beautiful design with the soft colours is perfect as a sympathy card, Bonnie. So sorry for your loss, my friend. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card for a sad occasion, Bonnie, please accept my condolences on your loss.. A lovely soft background there.
I have come to the conclusion also that I need to use up some of my many backgrounds!!
Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

I'm sorry to hear you needed a sympathy card Bonnie, but glad you had a quick solution for one, and a beauty it is too! Your coloring is so soft and pretty on the embossed areas...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

Its quite a card, Bonnie. The soft inking almost gives a vellum feel but way better because of the texture of the embossed panel. Lovely.

Nstiz said...

I sure wish my UFO box had things like THIS in it. Your designs are so tasteful and love the soft pastels on this. What a neat job you did sponging an embossing folder too. I'd have had a total mess. Gorgeous card!

Vicky Hayes said...

So sorry you needed a sympathy card Bonnie. What a beautiful card this is with its soft colouring and texture. Vicky x