Saturday, March 23, 2024

Black-eyed Susans

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

The Black-eyed Susan is one of my favorite flowers.

When I was a kid, the meadow behind our house was full of them in the Summer
and since they weren't in my Mom's garden, I could pick all I wanted.

These were all colored and in my UFO box. They are from a Digital Stamp by Power Poppy and I'd colored them when we were staying with our grandsons.  When I got home, 
I was on to something else and they were put up for later.


This one was printed in grayscale and colored with Copics.

I cut it with an elongated hexagon die and fussy cut a larger hexagon to
put behind the design.  The cover plate background was also in my UFO box
waiting for the right design to go with it.

And....


This one was printed light, (I'm not sure how I did that!) and colored with
Caran'dache Supracolor Pencils with a light wash of Tumbled Glass re-inker 
in the background.

I added them behind a frame cut with a circle die and added a thin circle frame
and thin strips of cardstock to bring out the yellow in the design.

This one doesn't say birthday but can be used for almost any occasion.


Challenges:
AAA Birthday - Geometric

  





 Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Black-eyed Susans Digi (PP), Handwritten Notes (PTI)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Copics (Y13, Y15, Y18, YG03, YG63, YG67), Elongated Dotted Hexagons Die (Studio Katia), Detail Pincushion Cover Plate Die (SSS)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Black-eyed Susans Digi (PP), Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Daffodil Delight
Other: Infinity Circle Die (HA), Circle Thin Frames (SSS), Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencils (Lemon Yellow, Yellow, Orange, Dark Carmine, Khaki Green, Spruce Green, Umber), Subtle EF (ret SU), White Gel Pen

Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

26 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I adore Black Eyed Susans - and Brown eyed Susan's, too! Yours are so wonderfully colored and deserving of those fun frames!
=]

JoAnn said...

Two pretty cards with those Black Eyed Susans. I love how you colored them and framed them so beautifully.

Bobby said...

A field of black-eyed Susan's is a wonder to behold, Bonnie, and I love how you added that feel to your cards. I can't believe you actually remember what you did on something you made a while ago. The details sometimes elude me.

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet memory with us! Your cards are lovely, Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

Both of your cards are absolutely beautiful, and lovely, lovely coloring on both too! These sure brought sunshine to my day Bonnie and will definitely brighten the recipients day too! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that digi image, Bonnie - love the embossing behind the flowers on card one and the added stripes on card two! Fun to have those memories of flower picking where you didn't get into trouble (I didn't have that in the city - lol).

Jan said...

Soooo pretty....TFS
Paper Hugs,
Jan

nancy littrell said...

TFS your 2 adorable black eyed susan cards, Bonnie:-) Whether black eyed or brown eyed
susan's...they are always so beautiful. Enjoy the beginning of Spring:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

These are so pretty. Wonderful colouring and I love that coverplate die you have used on the first one xx

BożenA said...

WOW! I admire how you colored these black-eyed Susans, Bonnie. Gorgeous two cards and so diverse with so many different ways to frame these sweet images.
hugs,
BożenA xx

Cathy said...

Beautifully coloured florals Bonnie, the pops of yellow are gorgeous and I love the framing too. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Margreet said...

Love your hexagon frame and that background is awesome. Great coloring too.
xxx Margreet

Brenda in IN said...

You are so great at coloring and shading flowers, Bonnie. I like that elongated die and beautiful background. Both cards are lovely. What a view you had right in your own backyard as a child.

Cat Craig said...

I love the black eyed susans... they are also the state flower of Maryland. YOur cards are full of beautiful colored images and lots of yellow...a sure winner for my eyes.

Leslie Miller said...

I thought I recognized those flowers! You know I love the yellow. You have the most beautiful things in your UFO box. It's absolutely lovely that you've given these summer flowers a home!

Nstiz said...

I just WISH my UFO box had the stuff in it that yours does. These are SO well colored and can't believe you just stashed them away. Love your framing as well as the light wash you added. That's something I'm just too heavy handed to do. Beautiful cards, Bonnie!

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie which feature these oh so pretty Black-eyed Susan flowers and both with some great colouring. I also love that cover plate background on the first and the elongated hexagon and the circular shapes of die cut mats both show off the flowers perfectly. x

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie these are beautiful cards - love your use of the image - your colouring of them is perfect, and I love the differing way you have mounted them
Blessings
Maxine

Vicky Hayes said...

I can just imagine the meadow of your childhood Bonnie, glowing with these beautiful flowers! Love the way you have showcased your stamped blooms with touches of yellow and adore the cover plate on the first card. Vicky x

Nancy said...

You are taking me along with you and back to my childhood, Bonnie! The only difference is the field was across the street and down a steep hill. Both of your cards are just beautiful. Your coloring on both is exceptional which is no surprise. The circle one really draws your eye in. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Loll said...

Your black-eyed Susan's are so beautiful Bonnie. I love both versions and the design of both cards is so beautiful with the added framing and embossed background on the first. I am so in awe of your watercolouring and your pencil colouring. Amazing work, my friend! xx

TK said...

Two digis that were right up your alley, and used beautifully, I might add! Perfect coloring and layout, each is very nice

Trina P. said...

Both are beautiful. Love the delicate no-line colouring look on the second card. Once again, your UFO box is amazing!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Blackeyed Susan's, your colouring is perfect on both ♥

Jane.D said...

Lovely cards! Your colouring is beautiful, and I love the way you've framed the flowers! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Helen said...

Two beautifully coloured and put together cards - love them both.

Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Helen x
DT