Friday, March 29, 2024

Sweet Blue Poppy

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

It's been a busy month with a class and I'm finally free to do some coloring.


I used the Color Hues colors that Carol chose - Cream and Blue and a NBUS stamp.

I've stamped with Archival ink onto hot press watercolor paper as it has a creamy color 
and colored with my Altenew watercolors.

When it was dry, I masked the flowers and leaves and lightly stamped script
in the background with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  It's the creamiest color I could find.

Then I splattered.  I was able to Breathe when I didn't ruin it!

The tearing was because I thought it would look good and not because there was
a splotch in that upper corner...this time.

Challenges:
Color Hues #83 - Cream and Blue
NBUS #60 - Never Before Used Schtuff

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Poppy DL (small) - Sweet Poppy, Scripted Backgrounds, Just Breathe (both Wplus9)
Ink:   Shadow Gray Archival, Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen (DI)
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches Hot Press), Black, Neenah Natural
Other:  Altenew 36 pan Watercolors (Persian Blue, Industrial Diamond), Black Ultrafine Sharpie, White Gel Pen, Black Acrylic Paint, Caran d'ache Supracolor Pencil (Ultramarine)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!


28 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful blue poppy. Love the light script stamping and splatters. The torn corner looks good also. A beautiful card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the blue poppy & creamy text background, Bonnie - just love the torn edge too!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Bonnie. x

I Card Everyone said...

Isn't this so beautiful? Gorgeous shade of blue, and the antique linen script is fabulous, Bonnie!
=]

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. Your watercoloring is incredible. I would hesitate to splatter and stamp after a perfectly colored Poppy too.

Dedra said...

I absolutely adore poppies. I've bought several stamps that you have used on your cards. I need to practice watercoloring. I love the loom, just need more time in making my projects look like they weren't painted by a 6 year old

Darnell said...

Great design eye there, Bon! And your blue coloring is superb! Another show-stopper! Hugs, Dolly

Leslie Miller said...

A beautiful blue poppy, so delicate and cool! Your script and torn paper look just right!

Sandy said...

So very delicate and very pretty.
Sandy xx

LeAnne said...

Your blue floral looks like those blue poppies at Longwood! And I think the torn edge is quite pretty.....good save!

Pat said...

I love your beautiful meconopsis poppy Bonnie and a great idea to tear the corner to reveal the black layer beneath, a some lovely spattering to go with the sentiment as the finishing touches. x

HilaryJane said...

A beautiful card. Well done for doing such perfect splatters. My fear of messing things up stops me from using them much xx

Nancy said...

Another beautiful floral card from you, Bonnie! We all know that you can watercolor and color beautifully and this one is no exception. Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the delicate flower! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

The subtle background is wonderful and I love the pretty shade of blue you chose! Wonderful card, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Blue Poppy, Bonnie:-) I LOVE every beautiful detail, my friend. All your details are so perfect:-) Thank you for sharing. Love and Hugs..Nancy

TK said...

Beautiful blue poppy, Bonnie, I adore this! What a sweet card, and never, ever did I think you made a big splotch and ripped the corner! Pure beauty here
Happy Easter!

Loll said...

Fabulous colouring of your poppy, Bonnie. Love the script and the torn edge. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful and spectacular card Bonnie - love your colouring of the poppy, and the subtle script stamped background is perfect
Easter Blessings
Maxine

Marcia Hill said...

Another beauty Bonnie! I love your blue poppy and how beautifully you water colored it too! And the script in the background and the torn edge and splattering all combine to make this a lovely, lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Nstiz said...

Your coloring always blows me away! Love the blue poppy as well as the neutral color of the leaves. Great background too!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous watercoloring. Brilliant use of the color hues.

BożenA said...

Gorgeous blue poppy, looks truly stunning! You used the colors perfectly, blue and cream, your solutions are brilliant. And the top corner looks like it was intentionally designed that way. The splashing is also beautiful, everything worked out perfectly!
Hugs,
BożenA

Vicky Hayes said...

The tearing DOES look good (but I have filed this tip away for all the times I splodge my work!) The poppy looks beautifully delicate - a gorgeous card! Vicky x

Cat Craig said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. I love the coloring and the subtle text. The torn corner adds a nice bit of movement. Happy Easter.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie your card is gorgeous! So beautifully watercoloured! Isn't it the scariest when youngomtomsplatter and hope you don't ruin your hard work. Or adding a sentiment as a last step! Luckily it turned out perfectly!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the colour scheme and the gorgeous poppy!

Christine Alexander said...

such a beautiful colour combo and love the soft script in the background. Your splattering is beautiful ♥